Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Whats new with the 41 convertible...not quite a custom but maybe a little closer???

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Chris, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Yeah, I'm really leaning that direction. I called LeBaron Bonney this morning to get a quote. For a complete interior kit, they run 2300.00 in vinyl, or 3500.00 in leather. Not near as bad as I thought! Might have to save up and order a kit. Anyone ever install a pre-made kit? I know Lebaron Bonney is the highest quality you can get, but wonder if a hack like myself could install it?

2. Hi Chris -
    LB kits are very nice to install and look proper - I have one for my 41 in leather and am really happy with it. I really like the 41s factory leather look, simple and good looking.

Best,
    John

3. burger

burger

Hey Chris,

I am a big fan of the stock interior. I hope you go that route.

What does Lebaron Bonney's kit include?

Ed

4. From what the lady said, everything. All panels, seat covers, rear carpet...everything except a front floor mat and the top. I'm having them send me some info on their products and pricing. I may be able to have a shop do the interior work for cheaper...but I doubt it.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

Chris, what about the guy that did your coupe?

6. Haha, that's a sore subject...I got burned pretty good on that deal.

7. burger

burger

Please post and let us know how it goes! I have a horse in the race so to speak, as I am considering an LB kit for my 41 Chev.

8. Coming along nicely Chris. I think the stock interior would fit your build theme as it would probably be the very last thing a kid would have done to make his car more like one from the little pages.

$2300-$3500 is not bad but it depends on what needs to be done to the seats under the existing covers. If you have a lot of fix up on the seat padding/springs etc. it might pay to get someone to look at redoing it.

9. That is great that you have that mindset and goal,I can relate. :) I REALLY dig your car and how you are just keeping it simple and erra correct....inside and out. Keep up the great work. Here is one of those cars to mimic :)

uploadfromtaptalk1353705056297.jpg

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. Chris - if you're looking for interior, I'd recommend Cedardale Upholstery. After all, it's Swindler Paul and my wife....so you know they'll do you right.

Also, when you decide to step up and build that padded top - Paul's the man to see...He recently did the Tom Black 40 Merc...and the top on the Westergard 32...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Chris - if you're looking for interior, I'd recommend Cedardale Upholstery. After all, it's Swindler Paul and my wife....so you know they'll do you right.

Also, when you decide to step up and build that padded top - Paul's the man to see...He recently did the Tom Black 40 Merc...and the top on the Westergard 32...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Love the new bright goodies and the skirts look great Chris !

13. davo461

davo461

Chris, that car is going to rip heads off, going down the road; going 'forward to the past' rather than 'back to the future'. Could not be better.
    Davo.

14. I talked to Paul about doing a top for my roadster. The work there is top notch, and I would LOVE to drop it off and have it done...but my hunch is it would be out of the budget. Maybe I'll call em and ask though.

15. That car is BITCHIN! I love how it sits, I gotta get my a lil lower :D

16. bonesy

bonesy

The right interior makes a world of difference. You '41 deserves the right threads. Looks great.

17. Chris - any update on your 41?
    I am in process of getting my Grandpa's ( now mine ) 41 Super Deluxe back to its 1947 souped up look - interior is all fine in cognac cored leather with its 41 LZ steering wheel back in place - it is a time warp!

Best
    John

18. Well, it has come a ways, but went a little backwards. The throw out bearing went out, so I pulled the trans only to discover it had the wrong flywheel/clutch on it. The tranny was shot, so I decided to simply pull the engine out, go through it, go through the tranny, do some other things under the hood and put it back together.
    Well, I go the engine and trans out, rebuilt the trans, have another engine for it...just need to find the time to make it happen :D I bought another house, and that has been eating up all my time. The 41 is in storage, but I did have lot of stuff chromed for it- All garnish moldings, dash parts, bumpers and gaurds, engine parts, 53 Ford accessory horn ring). I also picked up a 3.54 rear end to go under it, as well as a NOS set of Foxcraft skirts.

My plan (when I get to it) is to rebuild the rear end, rebuild the front end with a dropped axle (I have every part to do this), lower the front and rear both a little more, all new glass, new running board covers, redo the interior install all my chrome goodies and drive the thing. I miss driving this car :D Probably ain't gonna happen until next year though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Rolf

Rolf

Looks good, Chris. You know me...I dig shiny stuff.

...AND convertibles RULE!

20. Here's the old mill coming out

[​IMG]

Also forgot to mention one of the only rust issues with the car was the trunk lid. It iss off another car (evidence is the maroon paint on the underside). I had my friend Darrel whip up a patch panel and it is currently getting the paint matched as close as possible

[​IMG]

21. Sorry guys, I just noticed I have already posted some of the stuff above, so disregard it :D

On another note, this thing is simply AWESOME! Other then the filled center grill, This is the finished product in my head

[​IMG]

22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

23. ^^^^

Bitchin.

24. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Love the merc pictured above but really dig the 41 you posted with the filled nose. heck its off the road, so get to filling the nose

25. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

41 at thumpers.jpg

Hey Chris, here's my 41 Mercury, chopped 3".

26. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

27. Oh sweet! I talked to you at the fathers day show. Your Merc was my favorite car there :D

28. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

thanks Chris worken on the window frames and wing windows then I will start on a top for it

29. mkilger, here's the pics I took

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

cool the last pic looks like 1978 lol thanks