Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kustom Kraft Spot Lights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frank32, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Frank32

Frank32

Has anyone purchased a set of Kustom Kraft (Dummy) Spotlights? I'f so what do you think of them, also does anybody know where I can buy a pair? They are reproduction of Appleton 112 Series.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Attached Files:

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

They were originally repo'ed by BIll Layman, who did a semi-clone of the Moonglow, and also owned the Barris Merc that was in the movie "Running Scared" along with the Hirohata.
    I believe Wayne "The Dice King" from VA now owns the rights to continue making them? Don't know if he is still producing them, but they were really great repos. There were also a limited run of full size ones (with handles) that were made.

3. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

I have been looking for a set for some time. I contacted Wayne and he said they were not being made at this time.... I also contacted every online dealer for these things that I could find, hoping maybe there was a set or two tucked away, but nada.

Im still in the hunt. If you find em somewhere, let me know! :)

4. Frank32

Frank32

Thanks for the replies, hopefully something will be kicked up.:)

5. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I'm interested as well!

6. Basrapen

Basrapen
    from NorCal

Same here I am looking for a pair as well..

7. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Is the shape a little different than other dummy spots? Like the ones from nightprowlers?

8. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Here's a side by side of an origina Appleton 112 and a generic dummy spot you'd find for $50-90.

Attached Files:

9. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

I have had a set of the small spots on my 51.Then graduated to the repo 112's.Bill Layman originally repo'd the 112's.The ones he made with the handles,used Unity handles.Now I am running an early set of Appleton 112's with handles.

10. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Anybody have any new info on these. Maybe The Dice King will be making another run of them.

11. Frank32

Frank32

Take a look at the attached pictures, (if anyone have a set) do these look like them. These look like true Appletons but notice the bracket mounts (shaft), instead of screw on type these are smooth it appears that the have a set screw. I am missing these mounts, does anybody have a set?

Frank

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  12. Ledsled49

Ledsled49
    from Sweden

13. All kinds of them on Ebay just type in appleton style spot lights in motors