Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects First Gen Comet... anyone else a '60 or '61

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, Sep 1, 2011.

1. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

So it's is looking like I'll be getting the '63 together so I'll be making a build thread soon. When I get some photos up.

2. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

So I started a new thread since I bought the '63. It is in my signature if you are interested.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Good luck on the wagon conversion. Any thoughts of chopping it some when you've got the roof off?

Awesome. Is there a thread or anything else to search for trucks with the rear clips off cars? I know I've also see one with a '60 Caddy and '57 Dodge.

4. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

There's an opportunity to buy a falcon front end for my 61... Yey/Ney?

5. Hey! Nice car! I have a 61 2 door that i am slowly working on. You can see picks of it on my website or facebook page. www.schwartzwelding.com or Schwartz Inc. on facebook.
    As for rapair parts there is a place in Toronto that i got mine from. (front fender caps like you need and lower rear fender panels)
    Its funy that i had to hunt down the same piece of trim! I got lucky and found mine from a donor not far from where i live.
    Do some research online. I found a place out west (canada) that had some good parts.

6. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

ImageUploadedByTJJ1360975301.509283.jpg

Eventually this is what the 61 is goin to look like this. Apparently this is a sketch from the Feb. 1960 Motor Trend mag. I have a line on a 1960 falcon that will help this along. Eventually I wanna make the body line reflect the top left to line up to the taillights.

Any thoughts?
    Does anyone have this magazine?

7. nuts4fords

nuts4fords

Here is my newly acquired 1960 Comet. It sat in a garage since 1973. Clean, complete, accident and rust free. Gonna fixer up.

Paint - Silver Moss with silver medium flake roof.

Convert to V8 suspension 8" 3.20 rear from a 63 falcon and 65 manual steering with 4 piston disc brakes. Lower her 2" all around and install rear skirts.

Retire the 144/2 spd auto and install a freshly rebuilt 289 4V and falcon 4 spd T-10 tranny.

New carpet, seat covers, repaint the steering wheel but keep pretty much stock interior.

Attached Files:

bubbletopbuick likes this.
  8. nuts4fords

nuts4fords

This is the look that I am after except silver moss and astro supremes with white walls and of course a 289, 4 spd and 5 lug suspension.

Attached Files:

bubbletopbuick likes this.
  9. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Nice!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. nuts4fords

nuts4fords

Here she is undergoing body work and paint. AMAZINGLY no rust!!! :)

Attached Files:

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

That thing is CLEAN!!! nice score.

12. Veach

Veach

Very nice She is a Looker