Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's up from Phoenix, AZ!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ColinCS, Jul 4, 2013.

1. ColinCS

ColinCS

Hey Everybody,

Just getting hip to this HAMB thing, and pretty excited about it. I have an old 64 Rambler American that I have had for a couple years now, but am finally getting started on the custom build I had envisioned when I bought the car. Here are some photos I've taken over the past couple years. Currently I have the engine out, interior stripped, and front clip off.

Enjoy!

day I bought it...smoked like crazy, brakes hardly worked, and mismatched wheels, among other things.
    [​IMG]

Finally in my garage, pulling the engine out.
    [​IMG]

more build photos here https://plus.google.com/photos/1087...ms/5896250749180394209?authkey=CPGkuvak3YjiIg

2. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

Welcome to the Hamb. My buddy.had a rambler in high school with custom pinstriping from three barbwire fences when he left it outta gear @ his girlfriends dads coe pasture.

3. Rambler's cute, stick something nasty in it and drive the whee outa it! Oh, and welcome.............PS stay outa the COE? pastures:eek:)

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Welcome from another "hell city" dweller!

5. voodoo1

voodoo1

Welcome. Keep us updated. Mike

6. Welcome from hot California.

7. ColinCS

ColinCS

Thanks everybody, will hopefully have some progress pics this next week. Next I want to modify 2 bucket seats to fit in the back so it will have four buckets opposed to a bench in the back. Working on acquiring a V8 engine to jam in there too.

8. welcome to the board ...

9. sic-nic

sic-nic

10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

11. Welcome from CT!

12. ColinCS

ColinCS

That's almost exactly what I got! Just bought a donor car with a 5.0 HO motor with only 41K miles...should be very nice down in the old Rambler.

[​IMG]

13. ColinCS

ColinCS

So today/tonight I bought a donor car, loaded it onto a trailer, unloaded my dad's project car, and continued to re assemble the original 196 to put up for sale. After going to the machine shop, they found the 196 had 2 cracks in the head, rendering it basically useless. For the price of a new head for this engine I bought a donor car with a more modern, powerful, easier to find parts for engine. Here are some pics

Donor car
    [​IMG]

Dad's project car I had to unload in order to get mine on the trailer
    [​IMG]

And here's a couple pics of the 196 after I finished tonight. Just have to find the exhaust manifold studs and misc stuff to go back on the block before selling it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

15. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC!

16. Dragracer65

Dragracer65
    from Moore, Ok

Welcome from Okc.

17. ColinCS

ColinCS

Thanks everyone! And Jeff, I'll forward the link on to my dad...he's getting better with the whole computer thing so he might be hip to it!

Side note, I think I'm going to start a new build thread so it doesn't get lumped in with my intro postings. I'll title it 1964 Rambler Build or something along those lines. Once I make more progress and get more pics I'll post them up.

18. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome to the HAMB, from South Ga. > Enjoy