Register now to get rid of these ads!

302 into 55 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotwrench, Jul 2, 2013.

1. hotwrench

hotwrench

I know someone out there has installed a 302/C4 into a 55 F100 with stock steering and suspension. I am using a Trans Dapt mount kit part#4145. My problem is that the kit came without any instructions. I am planning on keeping the original crossmember with some modifications to allow for trans removal if necessary at a later date. My question is where do you locate the frame brackets? It appears that where the brackets should fit is right where the front brake hoses go thru the frame. Does any one have a measurement or picture of where they fit when installed?

2. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Ive installed similar engine cross members in my 64 100 and just put one in my 52 f1 I had to move my brake lines.

3. jhaas63

jhaas63

Find the 1953-1956 f100 section of ford truck enthusiasts forum. Someone there will help you. Youre going to get your head bitten off for not posting an intro.

4. hotwrench

hotwrench

Sorry for missing the intro. I have worked in Ford dealerships for the last 20 years. I am a licensed auto tech, but only do it as a hobby now. I made the mistake of getting into management. the F100 I am working on was bought brand new by my wife's grandfather. I restored it to stock about 15 years ago, but the Yblock is tired and I'm tired of 3 on the tree.