Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are there any Canadian show quality chromers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldrelics, Jul 2, 2013.

1. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Is there a show quality chromer in western Canada? Please don't suggest the 'bumper' guys, they ruined enough of my stuff.....

2. pg409

pg409

3. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Thanks, and they probably did do a good job in 1971! How bout now? I'll need a little more recent vouch....

4. Curt B

Curt B

5. Lee form LG Kustoms here in Edmonton has a place in Calgary he uses. I think it was Alberta Plating but might be best to check with him to confirm. I would assume if he is taking stuff down there to get done it is the best he has found around Alberta.

6. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

I talked to a guy there and he really didn't seem interested at all at doing a show quality piece :confused:, maybe he was having a bad day, but I sure wasn't leaving my piece behind.....

7. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I've used Alberta Plating lots, usually it's a good experience and have also dealt with some grumpy front staff. I also find the prices to be hit and miss. Only once did I get a part back that wasn't acceptable, they re-did it at no cost to me.

8. I might have the wrong place but I thought it was them.

I sometimes get the feeling that Chrome Platers act like they don't want to do one off pieces to try and test you to see if you are serious or not. There was a place in Edmonton (since closed) that was recommended to me that I used once that the customer service was cold at best but they did great work.

9. electricalguy

electricalguy

You could try Valley Metals in Calgary..good guys..got a lot of stuff done years ago, still good, they don't advertise as doing auto stuff,but I know they can, most of what they do is furniture & decorative stuff, but give them a call, they ARE very knowledgeable and have been in the biz a long time!

10. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

11. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

I've had nothing but good service and good quality from Nelson at the CHROME PIT in Winnipeg. Little slow some times but otherwise no complaints.