Register now to get rid of these ads!

2 Lane Blacktop & Adam 12 Connection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LM14, Jun 19, 2013.

1. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Never seen this discussed before. Anyone seen the 2 lane blacktop '55 in the Season 4, Episode 12 of Adam 12? Exactly as it appeared in TLB. About 10 minutes in, it's sitting in a alley waiting to be used as a get-away car.

Thought the only other use of the car was American Graffiti, was it used anywhere else?

SPark

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

It was parked on Universal's Lot so naturally they used it. You can see the episode on Netflix/

3. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

TONS of great iron in Adam-12, as you might expect in a series that takes place almost entirely on the street in late '60s LA. Too many cool cars to mention, but I remember one episode where they are driving along, and a lavender '60 Vette gasser is parked on the street as they pass by, just a background car. It's amazing what was on the street at that time.

-GP

4. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

what about Adam 12 ,California Kid ,American Graffiti connection ,,OK then Martin MILNER and Kent McCORD ,,,from Adam 12 ,,,John MILNER A.G. ,,,Mike McCORD Cal.Kid ,,,

Kelly Burns likes this.

5. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

I guess i need to watch adam 12 closer.

6. 2racer

2racer

roger

7. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Would you believe the GTO Judge appears in 2 of the last 4 episodes?

Just watched all the episodes on HULU, great cars in there!

SPark

Hollywood-East likes this.
  8. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

The GTO from Two Lane Blacktop appeared in an episode or two of Magnum P.I. as well.

9. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Wasn't there an episode of Adam12 where the cops were trying to stop street racing and McCord got his old drag car out to race the street racers at a legal strip? Seemed like it was a '54 Ford.

SS327 likes this.
  10. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

She ain't breathing right........must be the jets....

silent rick likes this.
  11. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

You're right, there was. I don't recall which episode but there was a discussion here about it a year or two ago.

12. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

And your user name is "Roddy"... perhaps Roddy Serling. That makes another Twilight Zone connection to that post . :D

Is that part posted on You Tube? Seems like everything else is.

13. Here ya go...

Attached Files:

14. ONE ADAM TWELVE! Man you guys are on top of it lol!

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Episode # 100. Reed's old High School racer was played by a faaaast F-E powered '54 Ford Tudor sedan...

(I had a 'look-alike' that was a white Coupe, 427 side oiler, so I was interested enough to buy the whole Adam 12 collection)

I found my '54 in 1967 in Canoga Park...$15, broken crankshaft.

16. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

The "Milner Coupe" was on "Emergency":

[​IMG]

17. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nice getaway car, at least for the first 1/4 mile. :)

18. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

We get all these old reruns and I taped all the episodes of "Emergency" until the AG coupe showed up. You can barely see any of it and even then only for a second here and there, but it's still cool to see it. I'm currently taping and watching all the "Adam-12" episodes until I find the '55. I agree the background cars are worth the show. I saw one where Ed Begley jr played a long-haired kid accused of stripping cars when it turned out that he sold the "mags" (his words) off his car (a nearly new '69 Shelby) to a buddy and they were swapping them in the alley. Also, lots and lots of new at the time muscle cars, but I'm still looking for a hot rod somewhere in the background. One thing I noticed about lots of these shows filmed in that era is that they were all filmed at or around Universal and frequently use the same cars over and over. Adam-12 features a gold '67 or '68 Mustang coupe with a white vinyl top in the background in every episode I've seen as well as a new '70 Charger in most episodes. Rockford Files always had a gray Vega somewhere in every episode. I have too much time on my hands...

19. madracr07

madracr07
    from Texas

Did you know the engine sounds for the Smokey an the bandit car was actually the 2 LBT car

20. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

HAAha I've noticed that vega also, since I dragged 1 home!
    FYI, the GTO wasn't a Judge, just had judge stripes.

....."we better get gto together"

Boswell OK, place hasn't changed much, the ol gas station was torn down, the auto parts store where JT bought the carb kit is now a message parlor, Dixie café is a grocery store but the town still has the bones of yesteryear.

21. Great 1/2 hour that was !

22. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Seen most of the episodes of Adam 12 and Emergency, as well as others shot on the Universal lot, on Hulu. Lots of vehicles, sets and stars mixed in. Even saw McHale's boat on Emergency once. Also nice seeing streets packed with cars that you can relate to.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  23. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Caught an episode yesterday with either a Shelby or a California Special in the background.

24. morepwr

morepwr
    from socal

I love that show! So many cool cars to check out.

25. oddcraig

oddcraig

I think I am definitely going to have to check this show out!

26. 1blown57

1blown57
    from Florida

I gota thames with a bad tranny /////

27. how tall was Milner's coupe?

28. Anyone remember the Emergency episode where they went to a hot rod shop and rescued a guy crushed under a rod?
    Looked like a professional shop and there where many rods in the background..whose shop was it??

29. Drove one of those Adam 12 cars on the street. The tires were a special compound. 2 barrel carbs on a dog 318. Could burn rubber for ever. Crossed up 4 wheel drift at 20 mph fun fun fun.

Ruined me for action movies. Camera man told they make a few practice runs for Chase scenes. They use those tire marks to set up camera angles for the shoot. Now when I see a car choase I look at the street and can tell where they are turning before they get there. Really sucks

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yeah, that pattern of tire swirls always got me, too. My wife mentioned it to me last week sometime, we were watching 'Burn Notice', I think...(waiting for something to come on)
    She says, "Ohhh? Looks like we're gonna get 'crossed-up'...Hang on," I laughjed, here was this whole myriad of black 'S's' all over the street, then the Dodge hemi starts getting real sideways...
    But they NEVER stay on top of the original marks...they keep going 'outside the lines'. LOL