Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone in Iowa know/heard about this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1970malibu, Jun 29, 2013.

1. 1970malibu

1970malibu
    from Minnesota

So a couple months ago I went down to Scarville Iowa to pick up an olds/pontiac rear. Talked to the guy and his dad for a while and they were telling me that not far from them, is a guy who owns something like a Model A 4 door sedan or another kind of car (can't exactly remember what they said) but I definitely remember them saying it was a 4 door and had a really low chopped top. Supposedly the car was owned buy the mafia/mobsters and was used for bootlegging. Apparently they broke down or ran out of gas on the side of the road somewhere and whoever owns it now bought it off of them. Apparently it's been sitting in a barn for like 60+ years. Didn't get to see any pics but was wondering if anyone down there knows about it or if they were just BSing.

2. Actually, it is in a chicken coop not far from here. I've never actually seen it for myself because the old coot who owns the place has no trespassing signs up and has been known to shoot at folks that get too curious. I know it is there because I have several friends who have heard from their friends that that actually saw it when they were kinds. Supposedly it is a 1932 Model A Cadillac. Apparently the Chicago hoods were on there way to Hot Springs when they were ambushed by hoods from another mob. The old coot's dad wound up with the car and drove it to town on occasion with all the tommy gun bullet holes, blood stains and everything. The car was put up for WWII and never saw the road again. Apparently it is spoken for. Some big time Hollywood car collector knows about it and has a deal made with the family. Once the old coot kicks off the car will be going out West.

3. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Man this story gets bigger by the minute! Would frickin LOVE to scope it out!!!

4. 1970malibu

1970malibu
    from Minnesota

Now that you mention it I do recall him saying something about a shoot out. I still have the guys contact info I got the rear end from. I'll have to see if he has any pics or how well he knows the guy, it's about 2 hours away from me but maybe I could drive down and actually get to see it. Usually the farmers know each other very well and it's in a very un-populated area.

5. switchkid0

switchkid0

I thought it was used as a snipe hunting rig during WWII, when food was scarce due to rationing.
    While out on a hunt, the muffler bearing spun, and they had to tow it home.

6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Actually,the car is buried under a fallen down barn that was going to be bulldozed for new highway construction but that never happened so it's still sitting there.
    The hoarder that owns it isnt likely to give it up but on the off chance that you do get it be sure and post about how you washed it.

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Well.....this comment covered about six threads in one post!:D FUNNY!

8. Also need a detailed description of how you got the mice smell out of the car.

9. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

I heard it was buried out in front of the barn, b/c previous owners had no idea how to wash it. It was listed on CL for a while, but the phone just rang and rang, owners didn't know how to answer...

10. carryallman

carryallman

I bought it and its gone sorry ! You are too late !!

11. henry29

henry29

Hypothetically speaking it could be a 32 coupe, all you need is pedal powered hippopotamus, some 55 gallon drums and a shovel.
    I think it's still in the barn but the barns buried under the swamp.
    When you get home be sure to get some dryer sheets some plastic Easter eggs and some spray paint.

There's probably a thread here that would cover how to wash the 10 feet of dirt off it, so do a search before asking.

Just clear the patina and viola, A rat rod barn find 4 dr gasser.

12. Sounds like a tall tale to me. HRP