Register now to get rid of these ads!

un normal UTE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty gallons, Jun 28, 2013.

1. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Cannot get more than 2 pics loaded, HAMB site tells me everything else fails to load.
    Anyway, friend and I ran across this Ford panel degrading in a forgotten lot when we went to look at a COE. Someone had torched out the side panels from the panel truck and then Gas tack welded them back in, LOTS of holes and a gate latch to hold drivers door closed. evidently had some sort of light arrangement on the roof, a second set of bad fenders, already has a decent Chevy front frame clip. Brought it home, (Cheap) sat on it for a couple days, and came up with a drawing. Partner liked it, so did his twin 14 year old girls, so Off came the top, pieced the rear of the top and the opening for the rear doors up to the "cab" area.
    sectioned the body 3" and chopped the top 6". suicided the doors. I framed in the rear bed area with 2' x 3' square tube and am building a tailgate out of the remains of the rear doors after I cut the tops off and used the original rear twin windows to make the single rear window for the cab.
    Think it is going to be a pretty unusual ride for him and his daughters.

here is the big question, and I know it is not a nice place to ask this,.. but

what do ya think?

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. racemad55

racemad55

nice proportions,killer idea.

3. flathead okie

flathead okie

It'a a HELL of ALOT BETTER than a 57 chevy 4 door gasser barn find.
    Cool, ............I'd own it

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

I like it a lot...

Very cool.

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

VERY NICE!! & I can almost over look the ''street rod'' frame clip and sbc it will probably run for a power plant!

You've really got some great lines working with it!

Go man, go!:)

6. rockfish

rockfish

I like it a lot. Kind of a cross between a pickup and flower car. Nice job so far.

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

VERY nice! great idea!!

8. 2racer

2racer

Not only that, you can understand what he wrote!

9. that shit is way cool bro i dig it

10. Like it so far, and I have 2 real Utes! Being based on a truck chassis, yours is more like a unibody pickup, The chop makes it look great. Lot of metal work going on, but keep posting progress pics.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My Aussie mate is gonna LOVE this! (he has a '34 Ute he found in the 'outback' years back...slow project...)

The F100 lineage is something that would force me to park it where it got lots of attention...listen to the onlookers..."Hey, they made an F100 ute???"

Great idea...very pleasing lines. Something Henry should have done.

12. Jtg-3

Jtg-3
    from Huron Ohio

Good Eye gent,
    your proportions are right on target, that will be a slick build good luck.

13. That is very cool.... but I think the rear window is a bit low looking; should be raised about an inch...

14. snelson57

snelson57

Outstandng lines...I, too, would raise the rear window. But what do I know?

15. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

I have many pics but cannot get them to load, I will change cameras and try again. As far as the Street roddy clip, that is what it had when we bought it, engine ? we are looking at whatever drops in our lap. so far the entire cost is less than $1000... welding supplies included.
    Atwater Mike, My thought exactly, just park it somewhere and listen to all the experts, One of the things we wanted to do was to make it as close to "Stock" as we could.....
    Built into the sides and behind the seat are storage places to put sleeping bags, fishing poles, a tent and other camping gear. The 14 year old girls are looking forward to driving it to school. haha
    as Tennessee Earnie Ford would say
    "Bless their little pea pickin' hearts"

16. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

As I remember, the Aussie F100 Ute, looked very similar to this, only the bed
    was separate...They are REALLY hard to find....Like your vision, seafoam green
    would be my choice...as if it matters....and as low as possible....would definitely
    be a winner at any F100 meet!!!!! NICE JOB !!!!

17. RussK

RussK
    from Atlanta Ga

Very cool, would like to see it when you complete it.

18. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Definitely as low as possible. or as low as the rear will allow without sticking up thru the floor.
    Plans are for a wood floor, stained as a light oak as well as the sides, front of the bed and the tailgate in matching wood with stainless strips.
    Colors we had contemplated are a cream or light tan from the body line up, which would be basically just the top and the top of the bed rails and maybe a coppertone high metallic or pearl to take advantage of all the body curves in light on the lower part of the body

19. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

We have about 3 weeks into this project so far. schedule is to move it outside under a cover end of next week, Partner will get to the body finish work so I can work on my Starliner getting it all back together and then back on the 49 Caddy

20. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

It will be a nice looking ride and the best part is, more old tin gets a second chance. I don't see it being saved any other way.

Blue

21. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

That is a real good looking truck! I can see it with a nice pearl paint job and some mag wheels for that deora type show look...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

This design makes so much sense I can't believe it hasn't been done many more times! Will be watching.

23. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Cool project, nice work.

24. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I never would have thought of that but it looks terrific! Can't wait to see how it looks when you are done.

25. khead47

khead47

Wayyyyy cool!

26. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Looks great! Now to frost the cake, move the front fender wheel arches forward about 4" and move the front wheel centers about 5 1/4.

27. Good eye on the proportions. Keep it going.

28. Yes- good eye on the proportions
    Yes- sea foam green, as low as poss with original wheels also sea foam green with 5.50 & 7.00 Firestone black walls
    Yes- fully polished 6carb Y-block with C4 auto
    Yes- lift rear window 1-2 inches (to make it perfect!)
    Yes- I want one.
    Very creative and well done, steam on my friend! -H.R.D-

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks good, nice proportions.

30. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Nicely done...I like it, and can't wait for more pics. Great job!