Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods & Custom,,drive them to work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

Reasonable assumption, except that not all bosses are cool. Some are real a-holes. Simply put, different people will have different reactions. My personal preference is to let as little of my private life into my work life and vis-versa when I am working for someone else. I guess I've had bosses use stuff against me in the past... which is why I guess I was suggesting that green young guys tread carefully. Perhaps driving a hot rod to work can work in your favor, but perhaps it could also work to your detriment. No way to know until you start showing up with one.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Back when I was doing the afore mentioned corporate gig, I did run into a bit of what you guys are talking about. As I said before, I turned down the keys to shiny new company car, 'cause quite literally throughout most of my life, what ever hot rod I had has always been only/main transpo too. When I said no to a new car, I was just being me. I didn't here the alarm bells ringing softly in the background...

The MBA type CEO ("Charlie Bayer, MBA, Damn glad to meet you" was his standard greeting.) that promoted me was far from what could be considered a "hands on" kinda guy. Having someone on his board that could do any function of our businesses including build the damn place if I had to, intimidated the living hell out of this guy. Every time the Plymouth pulled into the office parking lot with a fresh load of bugs from a Phoenix to Cleveland blast, it drew attention. He lived for attention, and suddenly I got more of it. It spilled into other things as well, (For instance me being the only corporate staff member that had ever actually SOLD a sewing machine to a customer in a store... In a company that ran retail sewing machine stores!!!) and soon he was working on making my life a living hell. I in turn made his just as bad for five more years... Until it wasn't fun anymore! But the car kinda did start it by stealing his spotlight. Still would have never done it any other way. Kinda part of what makes me ME!

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, I never get invited to the cool kid parties.:(

4. Matt Kvamme

Matt Kvamme

I waited so long to get my shoebox, I drive it whenever I can..

[​IMG]