Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all masters of the Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheMerc, Jun 19, 2013.

1. So I am getting ready to go a little "more low" with my Merc, currently it sits at 3" static. But I am thinking I want to bag for a smoother ride, as well as kool factor. I am just looking for some helpful tips on what people have done already so I don't go blowing money on something I won't be happy with.

Thanks!

2. rockabillyred36

rockabillyred36
    from ohio

Look up Rick Erickson at extreme kustoms...exk on the hamb...you'd be hard pressed to find a better system then what he offers

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Contact Gambino Customs here on the HAMB.

4. If done right you can add bags, improve ride quailty and handling but it can not be done with the stock King / link pin stuff or any M11 kit. Yes i said M11 as they are only basic static suspension just like your stock merc. Some do have a little more anti dive built into them but all M11 have 2 major issues when adding bag's like too short of A-arms and an ball joint that has a limited pivot area so it's real easy to over travel the ball joint and wear it out and i have even seen a few break. The othe issue is with the short A-arms you cannot get a bood camber & caster trac as you cycle the suspshion. My first choice is the 2nd gen camaro / trans am as it has modern dynamic suspension with long A-arms and strong ball joints that have a large pivot area. The other is our ball jointed stock A-arms that we built in some more anti dive and caster resulting in a ride as good as any M11 but with way more wheel travel and a stabiler camber & caster tract cycle due to the longer A-arms.

I have to get out in the shop so if you want more info or pic's please let me know

The Erickson's / Extreme Kustoms 951 678-3520

5. MercMike1

MercMike1
    from New York

I have an Erickson frame for sale. Private message me for all the details.

6. MercMike1

MercMike1
    from New York

If anyone is interested in one of Rick Ericksons frames I have one. I can post 59 pictures and two independent reports on its integrity.

7. x2.

8. 51 mercules

51 mercules

X's 3

9. My Merc after a 4 link:
    [​IMG]

During the 4 link:
    [​IMG]

This not a Gambinos kit, but, I've never heard anything bad about them.

10. My Uncle used Slam Specialties airbags on his Merc