Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pics of 1940 Ford sedan build with air bags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NATESBPD, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

2. Jason455

Jason455

Heres a picture of mocking up my ride height. Not trying to bud in.

Attached Files:

3. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

LOVE IT! By all means add to this.. I have numerous web sties i use for parts if you want to share... I was going to do all the things Ive done to a coupe.. but I have a new family and want to take all of them with me..lol

Attached Files:

4. 4tford

4tford

Nice look on the 40. I love the tudors for hauling the family. Good luck with yours. Mine sits on parellel leafs with 4 inch lowereing blocks.

Attached Files:

5. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Nate, awesome work on the 40! Your 34 is really sweet too! I wish I hadn't seen this thread now. LOL I am trying to figure out what direction I wanted to go with my rear suspension and I think you answered the question for me. Your car looks awesome. On the front suspension, did you go with longer upper control arms to help while aired down?

6. gearhead78

gearhead78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Dallas TX

My old 40' Std.

[​IMG]

7. Nate, That's a great looking car. I'd be interested in hearing the details on the front suspension. Who's kit did you use? Are the upper A-arms extended? Brand?? Also what bags are you using? That's a lot of lift your getting. Thanks.

8. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

I AM USING AIRBAGIT.COM..TALK TO TOM PARKINSON. Tell him I sent you and he may give a little discount.. I payed $3000 for front and rear bags.. suspension,, pumps.. gauges.. everything.. the front is a weld in.. i have full left and right turn when all the way down.. I did not go with the drop spindles because it put the nose on the ground.. I didnt want any accidents while driving. I did go with an above the axle bag mount and a local bag shop bag that has 13" of travel.. but with the shocks it has about 9". The Control arms are stock mustang i believe...The car is not Tubed or C notched in rear...
    My next Problem.. is my 347 stroker about 410 HP..is going in soon and im putting a AOD behind it... wondering what im going to have to do to AOD or if I can get away with just a shift kit????? I was told the input shaft has to be changed,,and a Kevlar band..ect ect..
    Love your guys cars...Inspiring me!

9. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

UPDATE:
    I got my Blueprint.. 347 Stroker today.. have to put intake on and a few other things.. makes 411HP and 445LB torque on the dyno sheet. Just contacted a local guy to build an AOD.. I guess you switch out the AOD cage with the AOD-E new clutches, servo, and input shaft... we will see how it does.. so thats it! now I just go out to my garage every so often and just stare at the block,lol.. Later Hambers

10. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

couple update pics... my motor is almost done and ready to be put in..and a pic of steering linkage pics a few of you asked for...

Attached Files:

11. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Your engine looks sweet!

12. raidmagic

raidmagic

Great looking car and engine, nice work. I've always wanted air bags but have never taken the plunge

13. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Nate, I wondered what purpose this build was going to serve, I know now,
    fast and Low..way too cool Love it!
    Keep us posted!

14. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Hi Nate, I just purchased a 1940 coupe (pics in my album) with whom did you buy your IFS? It is a cool looking job you're doing. I saw that you had to cut your inner fenders, can you share more pic on how the inner fender is cut and how did you ended up attaching them to the front brace.
    Also, I'm planning on a similar setup but with a 331, my plans were to modify the original firewall but wanted some ideas, do you have more pics of your modified stock firewall?
    Mine is still a project hopefully it will get to the level you´re having yours.

15. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

I bought the front and rear 4 link from AIRBAGIT.com.. around $3000 for bags tank, lines suspension..all. I bought the firewall and front floor from Directsheetmetal.. i have several web sites I use for parts. There were a lot of spot welds to drill out on firewall.. but worth it... I just Zolotone the firewall and frame today.. Here are some pics of the before with stock firewall, (where i had to sledge hammer the firewall a little to get the 302 valve cover to fit.. I didnt like it so new recessed firewall went in.... and of course my painting on my frame. Thanks for all the Comments!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  16. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

Update:
    Motor and trans are in.. 2800 stall converter, AOD, 390 gears, working on wiring, radiator, lines, and drive shaft. Getting closer.. I also changed the headlights to Projection 8000K HID lights.. easy swap..SEE PICS!!

Attached Files:

17. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

18. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

Got drive shaft made and in and installed fuel lines and regulator.

Attached Files:

19. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Why did you let your child play there? A stupid thing to do. You know what can happen .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

It is looking good! I really like how the suspensión is working. It Works as it should. Congrats, keep pictures coming. I have my suspensión already quoted, waiting for the $$$ though.

21. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

Update pics... 1372043176503.jpg

Attached Files:

22. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Although some of the HAMB drons won't approve of the air ride stance or up to date power - I think this is a super stance & the only way to make a long body look kick ass - low, on air & dependable!
    Nice job.

23. tradrod

tradrod

No bags, dropped axle, split bones, ride height :)

Attached Files:

24. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Not too crazy about the laying on the ground look, but I love the paint on that thing.
    Did you paint it? Do you know what color that is?

Really close to what I'm looking for.

25. frankieC

frankieC

Hey Nate
    Great build &cool ride!!! mine is about the same (38 sedan ) i'v got a 351 w aod 375 rear had a 390 but better performance with the 375's

check my profile (I STILL GET NASTY PM'S ABOUT MY BUILD NOT TRAD. !!!!!! )

Frankie C
    38 sled

26. Had to go back and see what he was talking about and I sure have to agree.:(

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow, you're not kidding. That's some dumb shit right there.

28. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Nice ride and the color rocks.

29. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Nate, your car is looking awesome!

30. NATESBPD

NATESBPD

I took a ride around the block today. This was the first fire up of the motor..I put 2 1/2 inch pipes with flowmasters and pics are of it all the way down..not ride height or how high it goes.. little adjustment problems.. but it ran great! More pics of it all the way up coming...

Attached Files: