Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Winter & Spring Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billb65714, Jun 24, 2013.

1. billb65714

billb65714

Well, as you can tell I don't post much but I thought maybe a few of you may like to see what I did over the winter and spring. It's my new 30'x40' shop building. It has been a hell of an experience to say the least. here's a few pics, hope you enjoy and if you have any questions I'll try to answer them.

Bill

Attached Files:

2. raven

raven

That's really nice. did you used plywood on the walls?
    I wish my shop looked that good.
    I used to shoot boats in a warehouse in Nixa for Bass Pro years ago.
    r

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Nice looking building.. The fun part will be filling it with hot rods and parts...

4. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

I like the electrical plugs high up on the wall. When they're down low, you usually have to move a bunch of stuff just to find them. Great looking shop!

5. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

Something doesn't look right? oh, that's it, it's not full of car parts, half finished projects, boxes and buckets full of stuff you forgot why you even have the stuff for, atleast that's what mine looks like..

:rolleyes:Great Shop! now start messing it up with Projects!:D

6. billb65714

billb65714

Hey Raven, I used 7/16" OSB and then just painted with white KILZ and yeah, there's a BPS facility a block away from my work place here in the Industrial Park in Nixa,, thanks for the compliment.

You betcha Scrap Metal 48, now I'm looking for a 58 or 59 Apache for a shop truck and thanks

Bill

7. billb65714

billb65714

Hi Spinout, yeah, after reading a few posts on the H.A.M.B. and the Garage Journal I figured it was the only way to go, 48" floor to receptacle, that way a sheet of steel or plywood can be leaned against the wall,,,, thanks

Your right Bubblesbacon, got to get busy,,, thanks for compliment.

Bill

8. jimbanner

jimbanner

Good looking shop, now go fill it up!

9. raven

raven

"here's a BPS facility a block away from my work place here in the Industrial Park in Nixa"
    That's where we shot the boats. Black Widow bows used to be a couple of blocks away from there.
    Smart using the wood for walls. They will take much more abuse...:)
    r

10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I think the last electrical code change requires garage outlets to be above 36" anyway, so going 4' is a great idea!
    Is this your hobby shop, or will you be doing a business from it? Looks way nicer than what most businesses, or hobbyists have! Me included!

11. billb65714

billb65714

Hey Raven,, yeah, we do some work on occasion for Black Widow Bows and OSB was so much easier than drywall.

Hello 1971BB427, oh it's just my hobby/piddlin/hope to pursue more hot rod shop. But maybe down the road to semi retire and start doing Auto Upholstery and trim again, use to do it years ago when much younger, my dad did upholstery for about 35 years and taught me. Had the planets line up and was just lucky that I was able to build it, wanted it nice since it will be the only one I want to build.

Bill

12. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Beautiful shop! Now fill it up :)