Register now to get rid of these ads!

How much ?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 21, 2013.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

There is just so damned much "stuff" on this board I skim most of it and have never made it to the last page.

I make it about 7 may 10 pages in, looking at posts that might help me in my endeavors or spark and interest, then close it out.

How bout the rest of you ????:confused:

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Crap I never get past the 1st page!!!

3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

If I have interest in a topic, I read it all....
    and you can tell who does not, as many time 1/2 way thru a topic the original poster will change the direction of their question, but the replies keep coming from only reading the original post..
    No problem to me, just interesting..:)

4. Most of what is up I read the first time around. :D

There is way more here then can be consumed in a week. The problem is that if you are reading and go back to the same page in an hour you will have missed something because the board moves to fast.

!!!Its Alive!!!

5. If I see a new intro on the third page with no responses yet then I cant help responding, at least to bring it to the top .... its the right thing to do but it screws up my rhythm! LOL

6. I read every page, If the OP sparks my interest. Many things have been learned by reading every post. Sometimes all I learn is that a certain thread does not have a single intelligent post, sometimes those are the best. coffee has came out of my nose a few times from those type of posts.

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Larry,.... You can narrow it down by using the search function, And when a thread looks interesting,... skim over it, and if it looks like what your looking for,.. Start with the OP and just keep reading.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never worry about reading too many pages back as most of the new stuff is in the first five or six pages. FNG's who found the HAMB with a Google search on some subject will bring up the back pages and long dead threads often enough and usually put them on top with some inane commment.

Sometimes I just skim down the page and pick threads started by certain posters like PorknBeaner's rides through Kansas threads that are always fun and somewhat informative to read and see his photos. I've got subscriptions to a lot of build threads and get weekly email updates and sometimes I just check the updates to see if the OP has posted new photos before going to the thread.

9. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

I know how you feel,this board moves so fast.you could just read the first page all day,if you were to refresh it every time you made it to the bottom.I usually skim over the titles until I find something that looks interesting,really get a kick out of some of the funny comments some guys put up. Harvey

10. It points out the importance of having a good title to your post. If I can't tell what it is about from the title I probably won't spend the time to open it.

Charlie Stephens

11. I usually just hover my mouse over a post and a snippet of the subject matter appears then I decide if I am interested in reading it or not. Usually only about a third or fourth of the new threads. Hardly ever go past a half dozen pages. If a thread has been closed though, I like to go see what the moderators said before they closed it. I also stare at car wrecks though...

12. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I try to read all pages before posting.

IMO, nothing looks more stupid than a repetitive reply. Makes it look like somebody is trying to appear smarter than they are by just copying an earlier post.

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

I try to read all pages before posting.

IMO, nothing looks more stupid than a repetitive reply. Makes it look like somebody is trying to appear smarter than they are by just copying an earlier post.

:D

14. fsae0607

fsae0607

I get about 4 pages in, then peruse the "homemade tools & equipment" thread. I never get tired of it!

15. Jims35

Jims35

I read all of the thread if it looks interesting from the start , like this one. I never post unless i have read all of the thread, hate repeats,repeats,repeats ,ect.:rolleyes:

16. I find it ironic that this thread - complaining/discussing about how quickly the board moves and how much stuff there is - is just serving to push good hotrod and custom content off the first page.

Nobody keeps up with all of it. Read as much as you can, search for what you don't see/can't find. We don't need (another) thread discussing how busy and quick this place is. It's just a waste of internets.

17. 7.6 million posts will keep you reading for awhile.

18. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I stand corrected.

19. That is so true

20. metalman

metalman

Being addicted to this place I usually get on twice a day, once in the morning with my coffee and late afternoon or evening. I skim looking for subjects that interest me and I'll go till I see a thread I already looked at (shows up as small print) so I know I've caught most of them. Usually 5-7 pages will cover 1/2 day. Still miss a few but they will usually pop up again.
    Went on vacation for a week with no computer last month, no way could I catch up after that!

21. oj

oj

If a guy asks a question i can keep my interest span for 3-4pages, anything past that and the guy is one of them that has the knack for keeping things going. With the people on here his question has been properly answered and debated by the end of the 2nd page - if not the first page.
    Now a thread like the 'old pictures' thread i can get lost and i just pick a page and read until my alarm bell goes off in my head.
    By the way, have you made a decision about your coupe? 'fess up, what is the outcome?

22. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

why have i read this thread this far? Had to ask.