Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford Build "The deeper we get" The better it looks !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Jun 19, 2013.

1. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Just want to emphasize how important it is to "go" check out what your buying if you're buying a big dollar car.The deeper I get building my car and the parts that came with it . The more I find the parts are wrong. Not even for the car. Not the part that was represented. Completely different , And anything that was build was built wrong other than a Kiwi frame. That is sweet.But all the brackets added were wrong even on the axle.

So YES I should of flew out to see it before I handed over a bundle of cash. I learnt a costly lessen and admit I screwed up. Was too trusting.

Hope no one has this happen to them. Most guys here are VERY honest BUT there's always at least one.

Needed to vent........ Be careful

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Pics, man....where are the PICS?!

3. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Pics of what all the wrong parts . I got rid of most and will scrap the rest. Just it's one thing after another I find

4. alchemy

alchemy

Even if you were there to check them out, could you have known the difference? I seem to remember you asking a lot of questions, and showing us pics. So if you had held it in your hand would it have told you it wasn't a 32?

5. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Some of the parts probably not.................to be honest. I'm learning but no reason to decieve someone in my opinion.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

I sure wish you would spell 'contractor' correctly.
    That really hurts.

7. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Did it on purpose The other was taken

8. So is this thread a continuation of
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782289
    Or is this 3xs now.

Either way its just another bitch session right.

What parts are you saying wont work?
    Depends on the build style I'd imagine, if you bought it from a rat rodder the ideals would be different. If you got it from someone who's very talented there's no limit to where their skills take them to source parts and considered unusable to others.

Quit your bitching and emphasizing and go build that thing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  9. Possibly the previous owner amassed the parts thinking the were correct,you have had the car a long time,,now is the wrong time to worry about it..

Just get out there and keep working on the car. HRP

10. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Im not worried the build will continue And it's not a bitch session. Just I guess Im not use to dealing with dishonest people. Wanted others to be careful

Close The Thread................................................

11. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

12. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

13. There are two opposite ends of the universe in life's game......
    A KNOWING woman.....
    And an UNKNOWING buyer.

14. Not yet, I'd like to hear the other hamber's side.

15. We all get frustrated from time to time,,but you have had the car a good while just keep plugging away and forget about all the negatives.

I would like to hear from the Hamber you bought the car from,there is always two sides to every story. HRP

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

40 years ago some vendor sold me a pair of 35 sedan tail light stands when I wanted 36 coupe stands. It was a learning lesson. Don't ever trust the opinion of a vendor. They may believe that the part is what they say it is but they are not always correct. Take your lesson and continue on. It will not be your last lesson.

17. teejay99

teejay99

When I look at a car , I always take an experienced buddy along . It's hard for one person to see everything . It's less about the $$$ and more about what I'm getting for the $$$ that counts . I like having a second , knowledgeable , opinion along for the ride .

T

18. larry k

larry k

sometimes the person who is selling doesn't know what the have ? i once had a guy tell me he had a 32 5 window body for sale :eek: i said what ? yea thats right a 32 ! so i say i,ll take it , $$$..but i get to his shop and hanging from the roof is the body, i say man thats a 1931 model a ,not a 32. so you never know till you put eyes on it !!!:confused:

19. both parties are responsible for doing their homework. I'm a old mopar guy and their is so much info on fords available how can you not know what they are selling or what your buying. the guys on the fordbarn can and have answered any question i have ever put in front of them with amazing accuracy.

20. badshifter

badshifter

Instead of repeating your complaints, why don't you start a thread SHOWING us what YOU are doing. We're all working with piles of old parts, and it's up to us to make it work. Build, Post.

21. About harleycontracter
    Occupation
    UPS Retired / Builder
    Cars
    1972 Chevelle SS, 1932 Ford Victoria,1932 ford 60's style roadster, 1955 GMC Truck,1977 Shovelhead, 1992 FatBoy

New project steel 6" chop 32 Ford 5 window coupe

Car Club
    NSRA, Wednesday Night Guys
    Biography
    Have been into Hot Rods for 30 plus years. Always loved them even as a young boy. My son is also into it!!

Seems a guy who's had a couple 32s ought to know right.
    You could be someone else's "more experienced" opinion.

22. This is the one you are bitching about today right ?

Attached Files:

23. blucarspeed

blucarspeed
    from oregon

Ya gotta get over it. I spent 3 months with price remorse on 32 5 window but every time I make a little progress I sit and love it. BE HAPPY.

24. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Time to move forward & build a nice car.
    I've bought cars that were not misrepresented & I've bought a few WTF cars.
    I've underpaid & overpaid.
    The current steel Willys I'm working on now has a whole list of stuff that's a mess.
    I spent a lot of time thinking about buying this car & in the end, just went for it & bought it right. I'm finding stuff now I missed but what the hell? I own a 41 Willys- can't put a price on that.

You now own a real 32 5 window. STFU & build that car!!
    And post pics!

25. thequietwon

thequietwon

Looks like a pretty decent car to me. Love the chop. I'd love to have it myself...

26. outlaw256

outlaw256

damn man, if that the car that 31vickey put up here id say your pretty lucky!! id kill to get my hands on that car.well I wouldn't go that far,but close!! ok,we now know you feel like ya been screwed.maybe you have and maybe not. but now its time to go to tahe shop and sweat!!!!and don't forget pics,

27. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Yep, I take my wife... she finds EVERY reason why I shouldnt buy something hahaha :eek:

28. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Details hardly matter...getting into '32's is a sentence to perpetual poverty and endless need for more and more esoteric knowledge to help you figure out the black hole you have fallen into...

29. Wow Bruce,,that's deep,,and true! :D HRP

30. mow too much

mow too much

Oldrelics, I think most women are born with that ability:rolleyes:, and when I miss out on something she says "oh well, it wasn't meant to be" that one makes me mad.:eek: