Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Opinions wanted- Wheel/tire color combo....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Jun 13, 2013.

1. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Black on Black with chrome lug nuts,
    Maybe a single line pinstripe around the lip (NOT red!) cream/tan,yellow,baby blue or any other mild color.
    also cheaper!!!:cool: so when you start to finish it {later down the road} you're not locked into a combo that doesn't fit the finished project.:rolleyes:

2. thunderplex

thunderplex

Baby moons, trim rings, black wheels with blackwall tires are my choice.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

3. brandon

brandon

yawn.................................................................................................................................black is the new red. put some color into that picture. otherwise, follow the rest:eek:

4. I like the black on black, but I kinda agree. The wife wants WW with light blue wheels...

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm biased...you know what I'd reccomend...;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. mow too much

mow too much

Black walls and I can't help it but I like red wheels on a black car......but that's just me.

7. buelligan

buelligan

I am looking at the tire selection for what I want to run for tire sizes and I am having trouble finding "matching" brands, for the sizes I want. Am I being too anal, I was going to run the 155/80-15 in the front, BF Goodrich Radial T/A, the only 235-15 BFG offers (matching brand/line) is a 235/70-15, I want a 235/75-15 as I loose almost an inch of height going with the 70 series tire 28.8" vs. 28.0 height. So I am looking around and not finding a lot of other mfg. that make the 155/80-15 tire. So now what I guess I could run a LT tire out back seen a lot of guys doing that to get the 235/75 size. Does it matter mixing lines of tires front to back?

8. I have always liked a color contrast,,if you have seen any of my cars it's obvious but I gotta admit I like this sedan a lot! HRP

[​IMG]

9. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

I know paint is a long way off, but if you already know the color scheme, I've always liked wheels that are painted the accent color... the same color as the dash, firewall, whatever... but a color that is a good accent/contrast to the main paint color...

Put that on the wheels now to hint and encourage the rest of the paint to happen...

10. That's a good plan... if.. I ever decide on an accent color! The wheels will stay black for now but I definitely want some color on them... the wife wants baby blue... which is a possibility, then I might do 48 Merc caps with the insignia red.

11. No. Since you are running bigs n' littles you won't be rotating, so it really doesn't matter. But as with everything you'll get differing opinions if you ask enough people.

BTW, the only objections you will USUALLY get with mixing tires is if you want bias ply on the front and radial on the rear.. or vice versa. I know this seems crazy, but it has been asked here before.

12. This car is sexy, for sure. After looking at the LA Roadster threads, the Black on black is very en vogue right now, which is fine with me because it looks great!

However, (and I might be eating my words) I'm going to go against the grain a little and do wide whites, with an accent color TBD later. I've got time, the car might not see the road for a year or two.

13. Lurk king

Lurk king

My .02......
    Tires should be the last thing you buy If the car isn't gonna be on the road for a couple years.
    But I think WW would look great on "patina" wheels to go with the the rest of the package.
    Then when you blow it apart for paint do the wheels then.

14. Rusty

Rusty

Www for sure, I was on the same fence two weeks ago, I'm all Blackwell on a open wheeled hot rod but a full rendered sedan gotta have white walls

15. Rusty

Rusty

Another thing to consider, I looked at lots of magazines from the 50's and early 60's, every 40 had www, kinda sold me

16. b-bob

b-bob

I like www on an old classy looking car, and black walls on a more performance style.
    I have www on mine now, but planning on having a set of black walls with contrasting color for when the mood strikes.

17. Haha.. your 40 coupe sold me... I went with WWW. 500/525 16 in the front and 750-16 in the rear. Should have a pretty good rake.