Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by O'Brien, Jun 17, 2013.

1. O'Brien

O'Brien

Alright guys, I need your help. I've been itching for a coupe project. The other day I came across this old girl, convinced myself to reluctantly walk away, and haven't stopped thinking about it since.

The problem:There are no badges or ornaments. The interior is gone including the steering wheel. There is no serial number that I could get to. The body number plate on the firewall is unreadable and I didn't have anything to take a rubbing. I will undoubtedly be digging it out in the near future. Until then, any Ideas from you experienced folks exactly what I'm looking at? I'm leaning towards 37-38ish Plymouth, but whats left of the front end doesn't look right to me.

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]

2. elba

elba

1937 Chrysler, I think

3. Definitely a Chrysler product. 1937. Try to get a view of the passenger side 'A' pillar for the serial number plate. Here's the Plymouth. Same license plate light and holder. Same holes in fender.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  4. I'm pretty sure elba is right. Its a late 30s Chrysler.

5. rbonazzoli

rbonazzoli
    from Dallas, TX

Whatever it is, I like it.

6. Only thing it can be is 37-8 Plymouth, because of the rib on the top of the grille shell. None of the other Chrysler products have it.

7. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

I can peg this as 1938 Plymouth for sure. After hitting a LOT of images on Google, I matched the position of the bolts plus the curvature where the grille bolts up - plus the '38 has a shorter grille that stops on the pan between the front fenders. Good luck with your new find and happy hunting for all the missing parts!

8. 37-38 Mopar for sure, nose looks short so Plymouth or Dodge most likely, serial number will tell you for certain.

9. O'Brien

O'Brien

Thank you all for chiming in! You guys make some good points. I had a feeling that if it was a Plymouth, the right side a pillar is where the SN would be. I just couldn't get there. I think I found my next project. I'll dig it out and get a closer look at it when I get some time. I Think you guys nailed it, but I'll let you know what the verdict is.

Cheers!