Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Buick super "Museum like" Barn find=perfect driver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tatzandrodz, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Good effortlessly rolls one way or another depending on which lever you pull or pull both and hood comes off like drag car. Also to latch hood no slamming just let your finger tips glide and she slips down like a silk glove.

Attached Files:

2. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Doors are spring loaded one finger tap closes back doors and front doors the spring opens them. Wait till you see what is in glove box and trunk. More to come stay tuned. Input and thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you. P.s just a thanks gain to ricky for help and support.

3. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

Congrats, looks like a nice old 4 door. Now tone down the douchieness and you'll be fine. ;)

4. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

I don't mean to come off any way wrong or bothersome to anyone. I just have never come across a one owner car this nice. I use the word museum like because it feels like a museum with all the nick nacks that it has in it (pics will be coming) and it just gives me that time capsule vibe. You may call it what you wish. I am going to call it by how it makes me feel and the joy and smile I get when i smell that old car scent and how the steering wheel feels in my hand. I liked this site for the love the people have for cars. This hobby should be how the car makes you feel an smile and the memories you get. Now whose is better looking or faster or more expensive. I am highly excited for my new steel partner to be on the road and I hope that the photos and story will make some people smile. All the naysayers or negative comments simple are passed. Thanks to all for the positive comments.

vtx1800 likes this.
  5. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Good for you, that's an awesome find

6. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Now ya did it Tats... After looking @ those pics, I officially hate your lucky arse!
    :rolleyes:
    Congrats on getting such a cream-puff!

7. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Thank you safari. You are more than welcome to drive it mate

8. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Yes sir! That is a great lookin' Buford.

9. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

What an awesome find. Congrats, man. That rear seat leg room is huge. No wonder there was a baby boom in those years.

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone with any brains or heart at all knows you weren't "talkin' shit" or "boasting, Tatz....just excited...and also understands that's why you couldn't resist posting about your find even before you were able to post pictures. Looks like the car is every bit as nice as you said it is. I'm happy to see you prove that all the big-mouths were barkin' up the wrong tree...lol.

How do ya like how that awesome dash blends into the doors? Swoopy!

11. Congratulations that is one hell of a find!

Seems like there are a lot of "big men" behind their key boards.:rolleyes:

12. Orn

Orn

Congrats, that's a nice Buick!

13. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a died in the wool Ford man but that's one cool car that I would keep and drive. You made a lucky score. Sorry you had to take all the flak, you hung in there longer than I would. There are a lot of nice people here with lots of good advice, so its worth it. Cruise on.

14. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Aw man that is cool. Grille is the coolest. I'd apologize but I'm too jealous. Congrats on a good score!

15. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

now find the convertible ---you got the parts car...

16. oddcraig

oddcraig

Ok so I am jealous! Hell of a find Tatz

17. Cool Car. Have fun with it.

18. I'm not a buick guy,

but man, a well preserved, unmolested car like that is awesome.

19. Incredible find and what a beautiful car! Thanks for sharing.

20. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments I will be posting more as we clean her up and look her over.

21. cobra2

cobra2
    from dallas

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Buick straight eights are such long-stroke engines, with a good tune-up, you can idle 'em down to almost nothin'. My old-timer buddy Roy used to say you could get the idle so low you could almost read the fan belt...lol.

They don't rev real high, but they've got a surprising amount of torque.

It's easy to lower the rear of the car a bit, with some shorter coil springs. If you do, don't go too low...watch your axle-to-frame rail clearance. I went a little too far on my Roadmaster, and it'd bump sometimes. But I didn't really care...lol.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

23. Beautiful!! Mod 52, Riviera Sedan. 263 CI. 125 1/2 inch wheel base. Even has the "correct" original tower hose clamps

Ben

24. Some years ago we had a next door neighbor that always drove Buicks of a similar vintage. When hanging around with their family's kids, the most comfortable place to sit was in the "bench" formed by the top of the fenders and the raised center section of the hood forming a backrest.

When I looked at the interior shots in your album I had a nasal flashback of the distinct aroma locked into the seats and headliner of their old Buicks. In this particular case it was a mixture of Half & Half pipe tobacco, bait, and a splash of Drewery's beer. It was better than it sounds. :D

25. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I found a unicorn screwing a Dolphin in a Barn yesterday, sorry I forgot to get a picture.

26. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Fistinsteele you say mod 52 I have yet to fully dive ino all the details but thanks for the help. I thought this was a 1950 super model 50 sedan. What's the difference and like Ricky states does it fall under riviera or just buick super

27. colin455

colin455
    from Alberta

Wow. Nice to see one is such original shape. Thanks for taking the time to post pics for us to see.
    Congrats on such a great find and kudos for not letting the keyboard warriors get to you.
    Mostly, it's nice to see the girl on the road again where they belong.

28. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Congrats on the new ride. Is that rust in the rockers or just dirt looking like rust?

29. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

Looks pretty good, that would be my daily if I had it. Do you plan to take the covers off? I'm curious to about the shape of the foam in the seats is it dust? This is a pretty damn cool car. Looking forward to more pics.

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I worked at a Buick agency for a short time in the '60s...Some long-time customers had Buick straight-eights, I got them all. The other Buick mechanics there were all about new Wildcats and Rivs...they didn't even know where the lube points were!

I was adjusting the valves on a Special Coupe one day, the service manager walked right up to the 'job', looked around, and walked off.
    He thought I went home...durned fool didn't know to look under the right front fender...

This Buick's a beautiful example, AND it's a stick! I'd drive it proudly. Congrats.