Register now to get rid of these ads!

Quality of LMC truck parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WiredSpider, Jun 16, 2013.

1. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I,m looking at buying new cab mounts for my 62 F100.
    LMC sells them as well as Carolina Customs
    The price difference is huge so I,m wondering if the quality difference is huge also.
    Thanks

2. henry29

henry29

I've ordered a lot of stuff from LMC for a chevy pickup.
    Some of the stuff is cheap Taiwan crap but some of it's pretty decent.

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Instead of ordering online call in your order and ask "country of origin" ? please.You might check Steele Rubber Products all USA made.

4. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

By Cab Mounts,I mean the sheetmetal,Not the rubber mount.
    Thanks

5. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Classic Parts of America has done right by me and my '65 C10, but they don't sell Ford parts.

I originally bought parts from LMC, poor quality IMO and their customer service sucks if there are any issues.

If you have found somebody other than LMC I'd suggest buying from them.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  6. I used to buy from Chevy Duty. They have changed their name but I think you can still find them by google. Had good luck with them.
    Later,
    Dick

7. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Chevy Duty is now Classic Parts of America http://www.classicparts.com/ but the OP is looking for Ford parts....

8. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I bought cab mounts for my 66 f100 from LMC and they were pretty good . If you are a stickler for details like the way the access hole cover is mounted, then they are not perfect. I just wanted functionality. I put my own floor panels in on top, so originality wasn't an issue. Price vs. how long it would take me to recreate them out of flat stock was my deciding factor.

9. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

10. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Ditto here, never had good luck with LMC parts!

11. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

12. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I put an inner fender in an 85' from LMC and it fit perfectly

13. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Thanks for the info

14. rustyangels

rustyangels

The '65 Chevy cab mounts and radiator core support I bought from LMC did the job, but with some tweaking of course .. and it was Taiwan

15. 1958Warrior

1958Warrior

LMC metal parts seem to be hit and miss but you can cut and weld and make them work, their glass seems to fit OK from my experience , Their rubber sucks, if it not something that can be replaced easily I wouldn't take the chance on it.
    I bought all new weather stripping, and glass for the doors for the cab of my 1958 apache, I replaced the vent window and replaced the glass in one door to keep the elements out. The glass seems to fit ok, the door to cab weather stripping seems to be holding up, but the rubber for the vent window is splitting and cracking after about 9 months . The rubber is still soft, not hard and brittle, but it is just deteriorating . I now have the rest of the rubber for the windshield and back glass ,and other door. I cannot justify putting it on the truck, but can justify putting it on Craigslist.

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

lmc is china

i know that carolina classics does make some stuff and it is usally made in the usa!!!! and there usa brand is very very high quality

the ems guy