Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Buick super "Museum like" Barn find=perfect driver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tatzandrodz, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I swear this is a follow up to the story of this car that was posted about a year ago...
    I recall the poster trying to purchase the well preserved Buick from the owner, but the Nephew was first in line. The Nephew was said to not be a 'car guy'. I recall a lot of replies were that the kid would kill the car by painting it flat black w/ red wheels. I seem to recall photos of the car being a dark green or blue?
    IIRC, I replied to "pay off" the Nephew (toss $500 at him) to get him to "not want the car" and disapear so he could buy the car.

Looks like the Nephew got the car and has now flipped it to "Tatzand rodz".

Anyone else recall this Buick story being posted?

2. cobra2

cobra2
    from dallas

If he does post pics of it I think an apology is in order. Jes sayin.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Deuces

Deuces

...... And the buzzards would eat the rotting flesh...:eek:

4. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I have been on here for quite a few years and have over 1400 posts and never a picture (68 and getting older fast). I never learned how to do it and have little interest in learning. Does that make me a liar?

5. A apology on the Hamb?,you FNG's must be on crack!

You may subscribe to the political correctness policy's that are going on in the world,,this is the HAMB!..If you missed it all is not warm and fuzzy.

Posting about cars and no photos have always been treated with disdane and taken with a grain of salt. HRP

6. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Hey best to you with this car and would love to see it someday!

7. But not one single time have you ever boasted of finding a "Museum like" Barn find=perfect car.

And at 68 lets face it,,you know how to wash a car!:rolleyes: HRP

8. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

posting pictures is so easy i can do it...

9. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Regardless of FNG's or old timers or anything else.....there is no such thing as a mint 62 year old car being dusted off and pressed into service. I don't care how old the lady was that parked it - every seal will be hard as a rock, every gasket will be leaking soon. All of the rubber in the suspension will be crumbling apart once you start driving it. And the brakes?

Here's how it goes: "Museum Like" barn find + $25,000 and 6 months in repairs = perfect driver*

*Assuming your definition of perfect driving equates to "weekends only in low population areas and avoiding major roadways"

10. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Actually a clean car is like a clean desk, a sign of a sick mind. My car was painted in 1978 or so and occasionally gets blasted at a car wash. That is the extent of cleaning it gets. The inside may be swept out and get a wipe down occasionally.
    I do not like Street Rods with lots of high dollar kit parts. My car is a reflection of my skills, warts and all. My cars exists to please me, my friends and family. The opinions of people I do not know are of no importance to me. Thus I have no interest in show and tell with pictures.

11. nice!!!!!!!!

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've seen apologies here...by the bigger men among us. I don't think it has to do so much with political correctness...more to do with mutual respect, decency and manners. Unfortunately, some think that it goes against their efforts to appear manly. They might be mistaken.

13. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Rickybob thanks alot if help. And the car is being delivered it will be here during the evening of June 16 and pictures will be up after that. I will take before and after the wash photos. Also it is a 3 on the column. The old lady sounds like a tough old bitty from what I hear. Every ounce if information is greatly appreciated.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My pleasure, Tatz. A 3spd?...no shit? Lol, she musta been quite a girl. So much the better with the standard shift. Those Dynaflows are expensive to have serviced. Looking forward to seeing the Buick. The stick shift will last forever.

15. I look forward to seeing the photos. It sounds pretty amazing.

16. And here was me thinking we were all the same size..
    I feel little now ... :(

17. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Pics before bath should be attached with this

Attached Files:

18. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Rickybop,...........Well stated! :)

Ray

19. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

I see cool old service sticker, looks like were getting closer!

20. 2racer

2racer

pics are in album on his profile

21. Yep, looks like a good family cruiser.

Not sure why somebody would brag about a 50 buick 4 door if they didn't actually have one..

Was just taking a peek at my Dad's Buick today, by chance. His is a '41 super convertible, with the dual carbed straight eight (fireball) and a manual trans. Love the old Bufords.

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhh...I still think you're fakin'.................:D

Looks good Tatz!

23. I usually don't talk shit on here unless the car is in my possession and I HAVE pics! :)

24. gearguy

gearguy

My in-laws lived 2 doors up the hill from that gas station for 27 years. It is absolutely amazing that any car could survive the Pittsburgh North Hills in that sound a condition. Between the hills, road salt, and traffic congrstion on nearby "McKnighmare Road" the place eats even well maintained cars alive. I never changed brakes and tires so often as the 8 years we lived in the area.
    Perhaps the inspection laws helped. For most of that Buick's life it had to be inspected every 6 months. Any holes big enough for your pinkie finger had to be patched. Tires, hoses, shocks, brakes, and exhaust systems got the attention.
    Neat old car. Enjoy it.

25. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Before the bath

Attached Files:

26. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Can't figure out how to put more than one photo in at a time so that's how I going to do it. They are all pics of it right off trailer with 10ft of dust pics of it will becoming later of cleaned and waxed and running. Need to get rubber from coker. Starts everytime. The attention to detail buick had when making the interior and all on these cars is amazing

27. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Nice teeth

Attached Files:

28. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Picture does no justice dash glistens under dust

Attached Files:

29. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Working done light when doors open. Glove box light works. Headliner mint.

Attached Files:

30. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Perfect seats and ash tray is mint lighter clean as a new whistle. What your seeing on the seats are seat covers she put on after she bought it. The seats are factory perfect under covers (small tears on front cover I can see the factory seat under)

Attached Files: