Register now to get rid of these ads!

For the A.D group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcmarz, Mar 26, 2013.

1. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

looking good, nice progress will be watching this one.

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Finally got some primer on the interior and I am happy with it but I don't know what I dislike more, sanding or masking. Well, I hope to get the paint on by Weds and then I can start working on the exterior and after that, paint the motor and drop it back in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n580/jcmarz/51truckdoorjambprimed.jpg[/IMG
    ]
    [IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n580/jcmarz/51truckdoorjambpassprimed.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. looking good!

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is coming along nicely, keep us posted on the progress.

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Ok, after a loooooooooooooong delay, I finally sprayed the interior although there's still a ways to go, I am happy with the way the paint job came out. Tomorrow, I plan on masking the recently painted areas so I can spray some undercoating on the floor (will post photos of that tomorrow or Saturday) and then on Monday, I hope to start with the exterior part of the cab. Once that's done, I can paint the motor and put that back in.
    It's tough, moneywise, but I am happy to see some progress and I just have to keep at it. Slowly but surely.
    By the way, the color is Mineral Gray Metallic Lacquer with a Matte Clear topcoat. The exterior will be painted British Racing Green Lacquer (gloss and non-metallic).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Ok, finally got some paint on so here's a few photos. On Monday, I will color sand and then shoot some clear. I am using Lacquer paint through out. So, once the clear is sprayed then the next step will be to paint the motor and drop it back in and then start on the four fenders.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks great. You really are keeping it close to what the factory did as I had to go out and check the jambs on two 51 AD cabs I have to see that they were painted the interior color rather than exterior color as most of do when we redo the trucks.

From looking at the interior photos that was one of the solidest trucks that I have seen guys start with in quite a while.

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Thank you for your fine words Mr.48. The truck is pretty solid and original. I replaced the springs with lowered ones and I switched to 15 inch rims (easy to change back) and everything else is being kept as O.G. as possible. Even the motor is a 51 so there's a good chance it's the original motor.
    Will post more photos after I finish the clear coat.

9. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Sprayed the clear and placed the bed back on for now. Hopefully, on Monday, I will start on the engine, new gaskets and paint and then drop it back in.
    [​IMG]

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Here are some better photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Right now I am leaning towards body color for the steps and using a stainless rocker moulding on the edge of the boards. While it's not original, I believe it will look good but only if the boards are painted body color.

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Helloooooooooooo,
    It's been awhile since I posted this thread but I finally painted my truck the color I am happy with, after going from black to farmer john green ( it was suppose to be a dark british green but came looking more like John Deere green. Anyways, I just finished painting the cab, sky blue and midnight blue. I am very happy with the paint job. I sprayed it in my garage and while it's not a "show quality" paint job, it does look good. Anyways, here are a few photos.
    1my51.jpg 2my51.jpg

Attached Files:

14. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

What ever happen to the Hugger Orange and the 409 with dual fours??? I must say you guys out in California go all out---HA HA. Looks good, fit, form, and function.