Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Wolf Pack

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michelley, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Michelley

Michelley

Part 6
    by Michelle M. Yiatras
    Timechanic™

Virginia passed away May 18 due to complications of pulmonary fibrosis. She was one week past her 82nd birthday. Service was held at San Fernando Mission Cemetery and Catholic Mortuary on May 23, attended by a couple hundred family and friends standing room only, including the Valley V8’s and Sidewinders.
    According to her daughters, Diana and Janette, since high school, “John became Virginia’s focus in life, her one and only true love. John’s passion for car racing became her passion, as she would be at his side at every race cheering him on, or in the garage helping him with parts or changing the engine.” She became quite an expert of all the genuine Ford parts.
    They never moved from their first home in Sherman Oaks. “My Mom was happiest when she could take care of the love of her life- our Dad. As a couple they enjoyed their car club meetings and numerous trips to the dry lakes, salt flats, and boat races. She would take care of John by making all the meals and staying by his side as his supportive wife, a role which she cherished. As a mother, her example of selfless love was constant. She was always home to take care of us, cooking our favorite meals, like Swedish pancakes for breakfast or homemade pies, cookies, and cakes, because ‘Your Dad won’t eat anything store bought.’ [I can attest to her brownies.] She did everything for us as a family and really kept the household together. It became clear that she was an original ‘June Cleaver’, and her love for us came through in all the little things like ironing our sheets and my Dad’s handkerchiefs, as well as the regular meals, holidays, and birthdays. I am amazed at all that she did for us every day, and can only hope to be half as good a mother to our kids as she was to us.”
    I was astonished to have known her. May such Lady-like class never go out of fashion…

All photos from the private collection of John & Virginia Wolf, used by permission of John & Virginia Wolf.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. Nobey

Nobey

I'am very sorrow for your loss Michelle, and thank you for posting.
    Richard

3. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Thank you, for sharing there life

4. "May such Lady-like class never go out of fashion…" AMEN, Michelley.
    Chuck

5. BACK TO THE TOP !!!!!!!