Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things to do in Gig Harbor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevie G, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Hey gang,
    any good shops to visit around Seattle and Tacoma?
    Heading out to attend some training for a couple of weeks.

2. gwayne

gwayne

Seattle / Tacoma are large cities with plenty to do, depending on your interests...

Pikes place market is cool for someone to visit from out of town/state, catch a salmon or two..http://www.publicmarkettours.com/

Take in a Mariners game, if you want to get out and see the puget sound, grab a state ferry ride to Seattle or any of the many places the ferry system goes in Puget Sound.

Go to Seattle center and take a tour of the space needle, take your camera and get some awesome pic's of the city....

Just a few things, there is a plenty to do.... enjoy ;)

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

As said the Pike's Place market is a must do! Also, I can't remember what it was called, but the original town square area is allot of fun to visit. Tons of good food places, coffee shops, and micro breweries at your disposal too. Try a Rouge "Dead Guy" if you into good ales.

4. LeMay museum in Tacoma is a must.

5. modeleh

modeleh

Lemay Museum, Tacoma.

flt blk beat me to it!

6. Stevie,,get in touch with with my pal Ken (Boones),,he is within 20 miles of Kent. HRP

7. Post on the NW Hambers social club, they can help. Send pm to rubberroder (dave) he will know.:D

8. Billetproof weekend of june 22nd!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The problem is probably having too much that you could do along with too many places you could go.
    I'd second allotting some time to go to the Lemay Museum when you are in the area.

Griot's Garage (the car care stuff guys) often has something going on and the store it's self is pretty cool. http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/events/events+calendar.do

There is a fairly complete list of events in the area here but it's all inclusive with plenty of ot events too http://www.cruzinmag.com/calendar.html Plus the list covers the whole Pacific North West so you have to do the map thing to see if a lot of them are doable.

Hell, I'd go by Tides Tavern and have a beer and something to eat out on the deck and watch the world go by once.

10. Brandi

Brandi

Gig Harbor? I'm sitting in that very town as we speak! I'd definitely hit LeMay's new place while you're here. Billetproof is a little bit south from here in a couple weeks, great event.

And yes, the Tides is a great spot, but if you're a beer lover the NW has a bunch of great breweries.

11. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

Yes to your original question, lot's of cool shops as well. Finding a guide during business hours (when shops are open) will be the challenge. What dates are you coming.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hell if you go to Billetproof, stop in at the Olympic Club and have a beer and burger for me! I used to stay there lot's when I worked up in the area. Always liked the Plymouth parked out on the street in that town down below my window...

13. Get MrModelT to come up for a visit, so that you can see that fantastic gowjob of his!!!

14. Going out July 14th -26th.
    Danny, Visiting Boones would be great. I haven't seen him since
    Drive-Invasion...2004?

15. if your at tides tavern don't miss the Halibut. we drive up once a year for the fish and chips

16. Go North from Seattle on 5 and have a beer, or two, at the Conway Tavern.....

17. Goodguys weekend in Puyallup, lots of open houses ( so are word of mouth and low key) lots of fun . Drags on Friday night at Pacific Raceway I think...

18. Just got in last night. Time to kill after 5:00pm
    Flying out the 26th.
    Wish I could have pushed the schedule a day or two.