Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 52Willys, May 31, 2013.

1. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

Great forum, looking forward to utilizing & contributing.
    I just acquired a 52 Willys Aero 60's Gasser out of RI.
    The car was around Rhode Island & Connecticut drags & roads in the 60's.
    Does anyone know this car or has seen or remember it around in RI or CT?

Attached Files:

2. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC!

3. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

Thank you chevy54man, glad to be here

4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Welcome from also Massachusetts!

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from Maine. Nice Willys

6. ChefMike

ChefMike

welcome fellow new Englander !

7. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

Thank U fellow Taxachusetts !

8. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

Thanks Maine, Urs is nice Willys also

9. Welcome from CT!

10. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

Thanks ct1932ford..nice ride... do you recognize my 52? It has an old CT raceway "class winner" sticker on a window.

11. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

Welcome from P.A. I Like your Aero I've got one to. How about more pictures and details; drivetrain etc. Mine has an early Olds with a stick, it's more modified production looking than gasser.

12. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

Thanks aerorocket, I think I've seen yours on here, cool car, nice build... I'm working on getting some pics up of mine.
    Cheers

13. Welcome from RI

14. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Welcome from the Sunny Southland.

15. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

Thanks ckemp03, from RI huh? That's where I bought my Willys out of, Scituate, do u recognize it?

16. 52Willys

52Willys
    from Mass

17. I dont, that is to far from me in RI terms, I am on the bay!

18. welcome to the board ...

19. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. ENJOY YOUR RIDE

20. 1929rats

1929rats

That Willys.....years ago (I want to say 1994 or 1995) I got a lead on that exact car...it was in a garage in Central falls, RI....had an ls6 motor....it was for sale for 6000.00. I was living in north smithfield at the time (short 6 month stay) and went home to get some money, I went back only to learn a guy bought it from underneath me.....he held onto it for a while and didnt do anything to the car except change the rubber, a year or two ago he was looking for 24K for the car.....it was for sale on craigslist....I wrote to him re-introducing myself to him and reiterating what had happened and what he paid for the car, and he ignored me....

Its a nice time capsule....I let it slide between my fingers twice (second time on purpose). Hope you enjoy the car....best, pete

21. 1929rats

1929rats

wait....I think it was 97 or 98 the more I think about it, because I graduated school in 95. I moved to RI (chasing a girl) in the winter of 97/98 and moved back to central MA after a 5 month "fling".....awesome car.....I still think about it all the time....hence searching out willy's aero and seeing it here today on the hamb......

22. 1929rats

1929rats

Well.....Here is how this story ends.....I finally bought this car....after dreaming about it for 18 or so years, it came up for sale in NH. I took off last week (thanksgiving week) and started my vacation with a cup of coffee in front of my computer looking for parts for my current build. This car came up on craigslist (again).....I called and drove up with a deposit. I wasn't going to let this car slide through my fingers again. I tried talking myself out of it, but couldn't do it. There are some things in the car and some numbers on the car that really point to what I call "fate" in eventually being the owning it...the car even has my wife's name on the choke knob.....anyway....I plan on keeping this car for the duration and will race it.

First plans are to brace up the uni-body and connect in to a hoop inside the car. I will need to do this if I'm going to race it anyway. These post war Willy's are uni-body cars and if I intended to get on her, I will want to do this anyway. I will also upgrade the brakes to discs in front, put in a dual master cylinder, brake lines, paint, go through the tranny, rear-end, etc,etc.....there is work to do here, but, the car finally came around to me and I now own her.....

It is truly unbelievable that I own this car pretty much the way I saw her years ago....and, if I may be so bold, realizing a "dream" come true. After seeing this Willys years ago, it trumped any Henry J or even any pre-war willys coupe I saw. I really fell in love with this thing....

Yes, this car I believe is where it finally belongs....This last week Ive found myself just going out to the garage before going to work to just look at it....I still can't believe it, and am so happy and lucky to be the new caretaker....

Anyway......that's how the story goes for now....

Attached Files:

23. craigrios

craigrios