Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Badfella, May 12, 2013.

1. Badfella

Badfella

Finally got the new exhaust finished. All new pipes, hardware and mufflers. 2 1/4 pipes with x-crossover and street flow mufflers with turn-downs just before rear end. The car sounds absolutely evil now!

Attached Files:

2. Looks good buddy! Raise the front a touch....

3. Badfella

Badfella

Thanks Bob! Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Hmmmm, econoline springs maybe? Was also thinking some 14" cheater slicks in rear. Sucks because I just bought all new tires. ;|

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice body style to be play'in with,lookin good

5. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

6. Badfella

Badfella

Right on Blades!! That was exactly what I needed:)

7. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

Nice! Such a handsome body style and you are doing it proud. I sure miss mine...sniff.

8. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Love it!

I've been on the search for a nice Fairlane driver for quite some time. There is just something about the little beauties.....

9. Badfella

Badfella

So I decided to roll the Fairlane to work today from my house in El Cajon, CA. to National City, CA. and the craziest thing happened. Some bits of paper flew into the passenger floorboard from under the seat. Figured it was trash so decided to throw it out when I got to work. Well it turns out it was fragments of the original window sticker. I pieced them together and it added to my Fairlane story. Here's the skinny on the weirdness so far:

1) Had a chance to cash in after owning it only minutes and said no (My nickname is Trader Joe for a reason).

2) Got rear bumper back from chrome in 4 days (An all time miraculous record for TJ).

3) Original plates first issued end in 971 (I was born in 9/71).

4) Car was originally bought by a gentlemen in El Cajon, CA. (That's where I live).

5) Car was purchased from a now defunct Ford dealer in National City, CA. (That's where I work).

Wonder what's next??

Attached Files: