Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hemi/32 Radiator hose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IanS, Jun 8, 2013.

1. IanS

IanS

Hey guys, Fitting a Hemi in a 32. Anyone got any pics of what they did with their lower radiator hose? Am running a Chev (Weiand) pump 2" outlet and have a radiator with the outlet on the lower right side also. Any photos helpfull.
    Cheers Ian

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

No close up yet, I'll post that later. But on Fast Eddies car we ended up making up a tight U bend steel tube And two short separate hoses.

You can't see it in this picture because it's hiding behind the headlight. If you still need it I can post up some pictures this week.

[​IMG]

3. captmullette

captmullette

on a sbc I use a 55 chevy lower hose.....perfect fit

4. mopar210

mopar210

I has almost the same problem with my 29 here are some pics for mock up I used pvc elbows after fit I used exhaust pipe cut and welded worked very well I also had thought about using copper pipe , brazed then polished .

Attached Files:

5. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I had the same problem, tried everything and ended up with this. Works perfectly. Bought 1 3/4" stainless fittings and had them welded. Two hose connectors and it fits like a glove and looks great. I have some extra fittings for sale if you want to go this route. Sorry I can't show it connected but I discovered I have a bad block and have to start over again

Attached Files:

6. IanS

IanS

Cheers guys, pvc ideas a good one, have bought some right angle bends to play with. Would still appreciate the pics "Harms Way" if you can.

Thanks guys

7. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

here is mine, big block chevy pump. napa hose, if interested i can get #

Attached Files:

8. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

here are the numbers NAPA top hose # 7460 and the bottom #7165, forget what they fit, went down with some universal that i had on there and found these that had the same curves, hope this helps.

9. IanS

IanS

Ok, decided to bite the bullet and take too some 1 3/4" elbows with a hacksaw (had a long weekend and its raining). Came out quite well, now all I need is a short straight piece of 2" and 1 3/4" hose when they need replacing.
    Appreciate your advice as usual

View attachment 1954367

Cheers Ian

10. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

had to cut peices off the ends