Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Blower info wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Model B Wanna Be, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Model B Wanna Be

Model B Wanna Be

Hi all , I am not sure if I have posted in the right spot, I apologize if it is in the wrong place.
    I am certain that this has been covered before but after a few hours of looking I havent come up with any thing that is much help.

I am at the very beginning of collecting parts to build a blown flat head.The idea is to build a car that could have been built in the mid 60's.
    Now , I dont know a lot about early blowers so I need a starting point .

Could some one give me some names / part numbers of blowers available pre 65 ?? then I have a start point to do my research .
    I have to admit I dont really like the look of the Frenzel type .I would prefer
    Some thing like the style of 4-71 blower or the McColloch style . although it is going to be a functional supercharger it is equally important to have the right look .

If possible I would also like some info on the different makes and types , characteristics of various makes and models. info such as things to look for when buying, do's and don'ts , ease of servicing or repairing etc.

Any books or dvd's ,photo's, websites you could suggest to help me chose or rule out various superchargers would be greatly appreciated .

Injected, supercharged flathead ?? thoughts ??

Thanks for taking the time to read and ponder my post

Russ

2. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Hi Russ
    Check with Flatoz he's on the HAMB Corey runs a 471 blower on his flathead as well as his mate Frank. Both guys are in Australia I'm sure they will help guide you. I myself run many blown flatheads my thoughts are for the money the best blower for the flathead is the 471.
    Ronnieroadster

3. madmax

madmax
    from Calif.

Call Mike at H & H Flatheads -1-818-248-2347 or check the web site at flatheads-forever.com He carries all the components and Blowers, from 471 to SCoTs as well as manifolds, lower crank hubs, pulleys, etc. for the flathead fords.

Thanks Max Sr.

4. 22 track

22 track

5. Model B Wanna Be

Model B Wanna Be

Great thanks guys , All signs keep leading back to the book by Joe Abbin . there another one focusing on super charged flatties . I think those 2 are a good start

Thanks for the help guys

Russ

6. fullhouse296

fullhouse296
    from Australia

I can sell you a 4/71 blower manifold to suit a flathead v8 .its new ,polished and has pop off valve.drop me a msg . cheers

7. 1953 olds guy

1953 olds guy

I have a show polished 471 that we just built,it has the old stype bearing plates and from cover. Also have the two carb. adpt. on it also polished. Theres two rebuilt 94s set up for this blower on the carb. adpt, includes the linkage. Just yell if this would work for you. R&P BLOWER SERV. (319)234-8679

8. Mainline56

Mainline56

Do you still have this manifold for sale?

9. Model B, as Ron has mentioned, if you like PM me I can assist you with any questions you may have.

How's that tank goin Ron? ;)

Cheers

Frankie