Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 ford coe (car hauler project)

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by corvettesander, Dec 25, 2012.

1. finished one side of the floor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChefMike

ChefMike

looks like a great project !!

3. got the drivers side floor in too now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

next step will be finishing the steering shaft cover and making some seat frame's to lift the seats abouth 2 inch

4. crazyeyes

crazyeyes
    from AZ

Damn!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I REALLY like the shifter! You're using the DBW throttle too? I was sort of happy my 6.0 was an '02 and still cable throttle.

Brian

6. Very cool project!! Beautiful craftsmanship.

Bill

7. olcarguy

olcarguy

Did you take any pics of how you finished the top of the shock mount. It looks real neat and professional. Rubber plugs to follow?

8. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

keep up the good work. looks awesome!

9. no sorry i didnt took pic's but i first made a paper template
    and then made it of sheetmetal and rolled it to get the right curve

it was not that a complicated piece to make :)

10. Yes i am using the DBW throttle i only need to make the wiring a bit longer
    ;)

11. tonight i have been playing with the shifter and new (longer) push/pull cable
    and made a bracket under the dash

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and i have shortened the shifter handle and bend some curves to it
    [​IMG]

12. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

what a great build, lots of thought and craftsmenship is going into this. A COE is one of my dream rides that I can build some day. Have you picked a color for it yet? Keep up the great work and keep the updates rolling in...Alan

13. thanks :) not sure yet what color(s) it wil get
    any idea's ?

14. fantastic workmanship!

15. First rate craftsmanship to say the least, I am building a '47 also but it's a Chevy. Love the swifter, I did not realize the Silverado was a cable operated, you are using the same donor package as I hope to use. Mine will be pick-up style and my intent is to tow instead of tote them. Anyway,. many very good ideas here. One question: did you mock up the running boards with the radius to follow the bed? It's looking good the way it is, just curious what it would like turned the other way. Color is a tough choice to say the least, for me red and black make a good combo.[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

(NON HAMB LS POST... )

On the DBW there is an extened policy (sort of a recall) on the TPS on the T/B. The correlation on the two sensors in the TPS goes all wackey and throws it into reduced power mode (happens more offten in COLD weather. I mean <15* F) but would leave you stranded... just a heads up.

Also, What are you doing for the Tow/Haul mode activation?

17. 1950kale

1950kale

thats a great looking truck! good luck with it.

18. do you mean the winch activation ?

i didnt check how it would look the turned the other way but would have been a good option too

19. today i have made some seat mounts , this also to raise the seats a bit
    [​IMG]

then welded them in place
    [​IMG]

center console/seat frame narrowed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also made the top piece on the steering shaft cover
    [​IMG]

20. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

That came out great! It should be very comfortable to drive.

21. yes they are ;) now i have to watch out you wont fall a sleep while driving :eek:

22. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

No, Tow Haul mode is a function (actually a button on the column shifter) that change shift points, converter lock up, and locks out overdrive on the trans. keeps you from smoking a tranny.

23. Not to high-jack your great thread Corvette, but this may be of interest to you. For the tow/haul mode the later model vans had a push button on the dash for activation and a switch on the shift lever for up/down manual control if desired. The PCM should be able to retain these functions when it is re-flashed, just add a switch somewhere. As far as the cold weather issues I was not aware of these, but then again, in SC it's not a real concern, <15 degrees? ha, my fat ass aint leaving the house if it ever gets that cold.
    Fasttoys

24. Corvette, are you thinking of any kind of a foot rest for the drivers side left or the passengers side right? It may feel awkward with the foot at an angle due to the tilted floor. Column cover looks great.
    Fasttoys

25. greaser

greaser

Rolling right along on this one. Suggest you consider adding a flat shelf for your left foot to rest comfortably beside the steering column.
    Looking GOOOD!

Ha!, FASTOYS types faster

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  26. ah i get it, yes the tow/haul mode button was on the old shifter handle
    i will add a button on the dash for that option.

i was thinking abouth a rest pad for the left foot
    when i sat in it , i will see what i can fabricate for it :)

27. kscarguy

kscarguy

I must admit that at first I did not like the looks of your column shafts, but now that it is covered I like it. IMO - I think a cover over the mounting brackets would complete the clean look. As for the floor, just grind the sole of your left shoe at an angle...ha!

28. maybe i will cover the brackets too , i thought of it already
    or as i said i will round the sharp edges to get rid of the modern look

so i have to make a matching set of coe shoe's :rolleyes:

29. almost done on the dash added the clock in the middle of the dash
    and cleaned up a few not needed holes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. WillyNilly

WillyNilly
    from NorCal

New guy here with questions on COEs. It seems that a lot of the builds mount the engine in the middle of the frame, behind the cab, why? Corvette, yours came with a V8 already in the front location, why not leave the engine there? Is it a center of gravity issue? Or an access issue or is it for interior room? Just curious and it's a great build you have going. Everyone on the HAMB seem to have so much talent.