Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '51 Shoebox build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beyond static, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Hell from the picture you look low enough and you didnt even have the motor in yet looks great

2. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

Thanks guys.

I don't have coil springs in it yet Grinder. I've got a piece of wood between the control arm and frame for the time being lol

3. F91

F91

I was wondering what that 2x4 was doing. Old school wooden suspension!!

4. daddio211

daddio211

I used an EZ Wire harness on my last car and really liked it. However, Rebel Wire is a HAMB supporter and everything is made in America. I have one of their kits sitting on the shelf right now and its REALLY nice.

Contact Tugmaster here and he'll hook you up!

Sent using the Droid TJJ app from atop my toilet.

5. msalamanca

msalamanca

I went thru tugmaster as well.
    I recommend him also.

6. 4rod

4rod

I really dig the color nice...I've used rebel wire their great...david tanner here on the hamb is a dealer...you get a discount as well

7. Used rebel wire in 4 cars, very nice harness

8. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I've got a small update. Been working some OT the past few weeks, and the 95+ degree days sure aren't helping me get things done. I ordered a 12 circuit Rebel harness. I'm starting to put the dash back together and plan on running an oil pressure gauge and a coolant temp gauge in the dash. Any advise on gauges that somewhat match the factory ones? I'm leaning towards Autometer's Old Tyme black faced gauges.

[​IMG]

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

Why not use the factory oil and temp gauges?

Rich

10. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I'm wanting to run something (hopefully) more accurate and not have to deal with voltage reducers.

11. Running a ford motor, Rock on dude

12. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I've been doing some work getting the steering together using the factory column and adapting it to a DD shaft to run to the s10 gearbox. It's almost a straight shot. I'm waiting for a firewall flange bearing to finish it up, so I cut the trunk up to fit a mustang gas tank. Now I'm stuck with the task of scraping off all the original tar crap. Talk about a messy job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. EastSidePoncho

EastSidePoncho

Super Siiiick man, I love it! Subscribed!!!!

14. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I got most of the steering finished up earlier. Since I'll be running a firewall mounted brake booster, I patched the hole in the floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

looking good man

16. Iran dash guages to so i took the speedo apart and blanked out the originals

Attached Files:

17. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

Good idea Tedley. I like the way that came out

18. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I've been looking for a steering wheel for a while that was in my price range(cheap), and ended up finding a 52/53 for $35 shipped on ebay. It had a few cracks, but was in very good condition. I used my dremel tool to widen the cracks and then filled them with PC7 epoxy. I sanded it smooth and waited a few days before spraying it with epoxy primer. It will end up being the same color as the firewall but with red metal flake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

comin along nicely. i love the gauges and your color choice so far

20. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I got the steering wheel sprayed earlier. I added some red metal flake to the first 2 coats of clear, and then sprayed 2 coats of plain clear on top. I'm thinking of going back and adding flake to the dash now after seeing how good the steering wheel came out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Love the red micro flake on the wheel. Whats the brake master off of? Thanks

22. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

Thanks man. I bought the brake setup off of ebay. It's a 7" universal kit with the pedal assembly. The master cylinder is supposed to fit a corvette according to the auction.

23. Zaid880

Zaid880
    from Phoenix

Good work man! Keep it up!

24. Texas62

Texas62
    from Tejas

Hooked cant wait on some updates.. I noticed the oil filter got replaced with a smaller one. I got the s10 clip on my 50 and I want to go with a 302 I have already. Any other issues with the ford block in that s10 clip?

25. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I can't think of any issues other than changing to a smaller oil filter. The factory exhaust manifolds will bolt up and clear, and there's a ton of room between the oil pan and the front crossmember.

26. Shawns49

Shawns49
    BANNED

Looks Bad ass

27. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I haven't forgotten about the car. I've been getting the dash back together. For a stereo, I will be using a mini amplifier mounted behind the dash powering a 6x9 in the factory location. I cut the face off the factory radio and mounted it in the dash so it has the appearance of the factory radio. Where the volume knob was, I mounted an aux input jack that I can plug an MP3 player into. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378933158.638220.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378933197.652712.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

Progress has been pretty slow lately. I stripped all the tar crap off the floors and covered them with sound deadener. The dash is about 95% wired up. I wasn't planning on running turn indicators, but ended up running an aftermarket unit mounted down low on the steering column out of the way. It's still easily accessible. The past few days I've been working on a trunk latch and stripping the tar crap off to get it ready to spray in bedliner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

Since we had some 75 degree weather today, I went ahead and seam sealed everything and sprayed the bedliner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]