Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear shock mounts w/36 bones

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ty johnson, May 27, 2013.

1. ty johnson

ty johnson

Hey guys, i'm wondering if anyone has used the rear portion of the 36 radius rod to mount the shock from. Any pics of them would be great. I know it's probably been done, just looking for info. The spring hanger has been removed and i'd be drilling and adding a shock stud. They are being mounted triangular.

Thanks,
    Ty

2. F&J

F&J

If you go off the rear part of the forging that goes up higher than the axle tube, you'd want short shocks, I would guess. Depends on what the whole chassis setup is

If your are using a 32-up frame with a stock rear crossmember, I don't think there is enough room for a shock to fit up top?

If you don't have that setup, you could weld the shock studs to the forged end. There are shock studs that come with some Chevy truck replacement shocks, that have a beefy center part that would weld up good, if you cut the unneeded theads off of it. It was made to bolt into the frame, so just cut it off.

3. tmf

tmf

I mounted socal front mounts upside down on the diff. Works well so far.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  4. ty johnson

ty johnson

Is that like a F1 style mount?^ I was actually thinking of like F&J was talking. Just looking for more info or pics.

5. tmf

tmf

Yep F1 style upside down.

6. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

What a neat idea!

7. ty johnson

ty johnson

Looks good and effective.