Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Slammed 31 A coupe....FINISHED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hooliganshotrods, Jun 27, 2012.

1. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

A few more crappy pics from the iphone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're making me jealous, man! I may not be back to my build for another year.:(

3. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude! You're a great fabricator / thinker!

Subscribed... maybe I can steal some ideas!

Aloha
    Tommy

4. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

Incredible craftsmanship. Job well done man! I wish I had your skill... and patience. Care to comment at all on the process/tools/supplies you use to paint? I know that ain't no rattle can, haha.

5. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

6. Drivinford

Drivinford

Lookin real good

7. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks man.

8. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I had some megaphones laying around along with some 2" exhaust pipe and some 2" 180* bends so I thought I'd start on the headers, not sure I'll run these but for now they will surfice.

One side done and one to go, these provided me with a decent challenge, I found them much more difficult to make than the set I built for the nailhead when I had my sedan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have to make the turnouts for the end.

9. farmer12

farmer12

Great looking megaphone, love it. Nice job!

10. Really coming together nicely!

11. 68wagon

68wagon

looking sweet mate

12. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks guys. I'm really stoked to fire the motor and finish this car. Now if the machinist can get his ass in gear and finish my adapters I'll be one step closer to firing it.

13. wardA30

wardA30

Awesome job on the headers Dean. Hope to be out there when you fire that Hemi for the first time.

14. Drivinford

Drivinford

smooth lookin Ride man. She runnin yet

15. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Just got my "new" machined spacers back from the machinist today, only took him 10 weeks, lol. At least it didn't cost me anything, too bad that they don't fit the tunnel ram, lol, guess I'll have to re drill some holes to open them up abit (they are too small now) and die grind the counter bore a bit for the carb bolts. I'll make them work with a little massaging.

16. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Been awhile since I posted on the A. Not done just yet but getting closer by the day. Got the wiring all done....finally. It took a little longer than I thought, mostly because I've only done it once before so I wanted to take my time. Headers are done and painted. Later this winter I plan on stripping the intake and water pump and having them polished and getting the headers chromed if I don't make zoomies to replace the lake headers.

Was stuck on how to make headlight mounts, got looking around the garage and decided I'd try to utilize some steering arms from an extra set of 37-41 ford spindles as the headlight mounts. A little heat and some bending and came up with these, still need paint obviously but I like them, the headlights look like they are floating from the front. Maybe I'll do something different down the road but at least for now they will do the job.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got the body basically sanded and ready for final primer and paint. It's not perfect by any means but it's acceptable for me considering I have no experience doing it, just trying to save a buck and doing the best I can with what I have. Besides, I don't want to worry about it getting scratched later, it's a driver and I intend on driving the piss out of it when it's done.

Started painting some of the removable pieces, so here's a sneak peek. Painted the top of the cowl, the body is going to be a two tone tan and caramel brown. The roof and belt line including the quarter belt and lower door bead and lower bead will be the caramel color like the firewall and dash and the lower body, quarters, decklid etc will be the tan color.

Had to throw the cowl top on to get an idea of the color scheme before I commit to doing the whole car. With the cowl top on I have a pretty good idea on how the colors will blend so I'm commiting to it.....for better or worse, lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for the engine fire up, basically I need to get some gas, put some coolant in it and run the fuel lines from the carbs to the fuel block and it's ready.:cool: As for the interior, all the aluminum has been cut and rough fitted and started polishing, so it's basically only a matter of doing the copper rivets and having someone make me the leather insert for the bench style seat I will make for it.
    Won't be using the sectioned grill shell in the pictures, just for mock up. I did make one from scratch but somehow it got crushed in the garage door, lol. So I'll have to take a few hours soon and make a new one.

17. fatfender49

fatfender49

looks killer. great fab work.

18. And

And
    from Irvine, CA

Great stance. Love all the custom fab work. Can't wait to see it done!

19. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

Coming along great should be a cool ride. Keep the pics coming

20. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

21. david_mark

david_mark
    BANNED

love the stance/ engine. great work

22. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Love this with the Hemi in it. Awesome build so far.

23. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks guys.

24. Mentalstates

Mentalstates

25. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks man

26. Drivinford

Drivinford

Comin along nice man, Keep at it...

27. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks man, it will get there, slowly but surely. I'll be driving this bitch this summer no matter what. Have you been driving the wheels off yours?

28. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

Great build, cant wait to see it all finished up........I just read thru all the 18 pages of post. I think you have a great attitude toward the good and even the bad critics. I applaud your talent and vision for the build.
    I put the following sticker on my ride.

Finger-300x300.jpg

29. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks for that. Car should see some color VERY soon and then glass. It's ready to run but I won't start it and break the engine in until the paint is done.

30. pancoast

pancoast
    from med hat

Any updates???