Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Quain Stott Willys build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Quain Stott, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

It's going to be there with 3 more making the trip all 4 speeds.

2. skwurl

skwurl

3. Quain.. With Gene's car done every one will be looking here better get working l.o.l. :D

4. flyingdragracer

flyingdragracer

Hello all, I wanted to let everyone reading this and Gene Cromer's Moonlighter thread that Quain's generosity and genuine desire to keep the greatest era of Drag Racing alive through the next generation continues. He and my son Donovan Stott have just finished the appropriately named White Trash Anglia that Donovan competed with this past weekend at Greer Dragway.

So the story is that he and others just completed the resurrection of Gene Cromer's Moonlighter Willy's a Drag racer from a previous generation and inspiration to me and Quain's drag racing careers. And then promptly assisted my Son Donovan a later generation to not only buy and build the Anglia but the use of his shop,expertise and resources to insure that the next generation of Drag Racers desires to relive the glory days is preserved.

Thanks Quain for what you have done,not only for Donovan and Gene but the rest of us that have truly benefited from your efforts to keep a childhood dream alive. I am like others on here I don't want to cause the thread to go off in the wrong direction but I wanted to be sure that those keeping up with Quain realized what else he had done. Thanks again Your Brother. Mitch

hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  5. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW!
    Thank you Mitch for bringing all of us to speed on what is and has been going on.
    Where is the build thread and pictures of Donovans Anglia?

6. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

7. farmer12

farmer12

8. awesome ride along. Quain is definitely getting with it.

9. Quain putting on a good show in Greer,,HRP

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CTuhK3WoQSs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. The Grasshopper teaches the master a lesson,,,look at the grin on Donovans face at the end! :D HRP

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uFoAlO9pDk4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Quain,
    Did you hit the wall with your Willys while racing your Brothers Son's Anglia?

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I just seen the Executioner, and its just as nice in person as it is in pics.
    Quain his girl, his brother and nefew are a humble easy to like crew. I can't wait to see him and Donovan run tomorrow.

Meltdown Drags 2013 July 19-21

13. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Nothing like cruising your open headered and slick wearing drag car into town for a cruise at the drive in:D

Meltdown Drags 2013 July 19-21

Attached Files:

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

That was the most fun I've had in a long time if y'all missed the meltdown drags this year don't miss it next year. Donovan and I are doing a match race with the Gassers at the X-DRL race in Budds Creek MD this weekend Fri and Saturday.

15. jimdillon

jimdillon

Quain, it was great meeting and talking to you. Really enjoyed the runs you and Donovan made. Guys like you help keep memories alive. I will keep you in mind on any Vette project that I bump into.-Jim

16. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

It was a blast meeting you guys this past weekend at the Meltdown Drags in Byron IL. You, your son, and Quain are all stand up guys and we can't thank you enough for bringing the willy's and the anglia up to run them, probably one of the biggest highlights of the weekend was that race!

Quain, your work is awesome on your car and gene's car!

17. I wish I would have looked at this build post last week, before the
    Meltdown Drags. We walked down and looked at the Willys, but it was
    all closed up. Outstanding workmanship.

John

18. OldColt

OldColt

Wow, full-on REAL Gassers at a drive in cruise in.
    How cool is that. :)

You guys need to come by the Nashville, Tn. area, and liven up some of our cruise ins.

--- Steve ---

19. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

quain, really enjoyed talking to you, donovan is getting with the program! really enjoyed the runs! that willys is neat. i know it was a long haul, but hope to see you again at meltdown. thanks to you guys to help keep this alive.

20. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I had a blast watching you and Donovan run this past weekend. I'd like to say thank you to both of you for making the long haul up to Illinois to put on a great show for all of us!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Aaah, so that's why you aren't answering your phone :)

22. I had the privilege of spending some time with Quain, Cynthia and Donavan at Maryland International Raceway fri. and sat. for the Pro Mod race. When you spend time with him you understand why he did Genes willys. You also realize why Gene who did not know Quain let him take his mistress (willys) 2 1/2 hrs away to his shop to rebuild her. He is just a good ole southern boy who likes hot rods.
    They brought the 41 and the anglia along for some match racing. Sorry took pictures and had camera failure. This is gasser racing at its best. Looks old school but better yet the cars act like there out of the 60's.
    Donavon is a super nice young guy. The anglia is a handful and he doesn't miss a gear. He put Quain on the trailer the one race (tree-ed him)and the expression on his face and enthusiasm was PRICELESS.
    Thanks Quain

If you know someone buying new black top equipment tell them to buy LeeBoy... Quains sponsor for his pro mod

23. AHotRod

AHotRod

We need more pictures :)

24. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I'm sorry here lately I just can't find the time to finish this build thread but I promise I will try and get it done in the next month or so.

25. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Good talking with you Quain on the phone I will be back in touch with you keep up the good work with your club Trouble, "Oddy AA /G Austin"

26. OldColt

OldColt

Lets see. Running a Pro Mod schedule & a gasser schedule. Helping Gene & Chris, and maybe some others with their race cars.
    I'm suprised you have time to turn on the computer ... lol. :D

--- Steve ---

27. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Dumb question, are the main rails 2x3 .125 wall?

28. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

2x3 .125 out front and the crossmember that the main hoop sets on. From the crossmember back to the shock mounts is .083 then from there to the bumper is .065. I would have used 083 out front if I was building a modern day car but I didn't want to use those bars that go out front up high I think that kills the look of a gasser under the hood.

29. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Quain is a real nice guy who happens to love drag racing.

I have watched the Utube video's a number of times with the Pro Mod car.

Really cool ride.

Nice talking with you on the phone and hope you liked the decals.

Jimbo

30. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Decals are on my car now jimbo thank's