Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 DeSoto coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, May 23, 2013.

1. It's hard to determine a market for the rare "anything" really. Sadly most ( not all) things are worth more apart when parted out than they are together, especially the rare stuff. As hard at it is to find parts for these, why would someone who knows avalability of parts take on the task, and why would someone who has taken on the task not pay thru the ass for impossible to find parts?

Availability of parts makes projects slightly more valuable in some cases. Provided the supply doesn't surpass the demand.

2. st.rod

st.rod

There is not much wood AT ALL in the Desoto or 32 PB. Just the body and doors are worth some dough.

Larry

3. ezdusit

ezdusit

This is partly true. The closed bodies -- coupes, sedans -- were being built by Briggs Manufacturing Company in 1932. They used welded steel construction. The roadsters and phaetons were still being built in the old Maxwell body shop where the wood understructure was still in use. I know this from experience.

[​IMG]

4. expavr

expavr

5. ...my DeSoto has no wood in the body, I spose the roof insert area had wood crossbows....here's pics of the extra rear quarters I have for the car...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Torkwrench

Torkwrench