Register now to get rid of these ads!

what was the last model car you built.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Deuces

Deuces

All four of these Roth kits are on the shelves at your local hobby shop...;)

Attached Files:

2. Just so you know - there's a "SUNDAY MODELS" thread every week,,,,,,,,on Sunday.

3. Koz

Koz

I still have a few left in my office. No time anymore! I can't even get my real rod on the road. I must admit, every once in a while I check them out at a store and am tempted.

4. I have maybe 25 unbuilt kits that I bought in the early '80s, plus about six more I've bought since then. I'd have to say the last one I built was a motorized '64 Mini Cooper S (1/20 scale) in 1991.

It's been a while. My two sons never had any interest whatsoever to build any of my models. More for me in my retirement years when they come, I guess.

5. Tedly

Tedly
    from PA

Where did the driver figure come from? I'd like to get a few of those!

6. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I had him in my parts box, not sure where he came from. The Radir's came from a Ford Thunderbolt kit

7. Well I don't have a pic but it would have been an AMT '40 Ford coupe about 40-50 years ago. monster purple in color, I remember because the model had directions to mix monster purple paint from the testors paint in the little bottles and I kept the recipe then increased the volumns to mix paint for a '40 ford coupe for a kid when I was in high school.

I am thinking that it would have been sometime between '65-'68 maybe closer to '63-'66.

8. 46stude

46stude

Figure in the AWB looks a whole lot like the ones in the World of Outlaw sprint car kits from the '80s.

9. xix32

xix32

that would have been an AMT `49 merc i enterd in a contest in 1964 ( i think) i remember block sanding off all the side trim, then drilling tiny little holes to look like where the clips would have been. painted it gold, then dabbed in flat black paint with a pin in those holes, so it would look like the cars the older teenagers were driving around town then. that was enough to win the contest ( it was a small contest)

10. Deuces

Deuces

11. fat141

fat141

From me too

12. Fantastic story porky!

13. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I took up models again briefly about eight years ago. I'd been hugely into model building as a teenager in the '70s, but it gradually fizzled as life went in other directions. '04 saw me with time on my hands, but that went away in due course. Here's what I built then:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.showrods.com/gallery_pages/no_horse_paddy_wagon.html

14. We're doing a model display inside the Armory at Jalopyrama this year, so I built this (like I didn't have enough traditional deuce models already.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Pretty damned cool. I remember driving cars with some of the holes filled then there was too much driving getting done to finish filling holes. :eek:

Sometimes when I am reading the HAMB I remember things that I didn't know I remembered until I read something to cause me to think about it.

I have another model of a '40 ford here that I have been meaning to build for about 5 years give or take. It came with a '56 Effie and a trailer. The truck and trailer will be easy but the coupe is intended to be all field find lookin'. It even came with instructions for the fauxtina for the flield find.

I intend to post it when I am done as a "hey look what followed me home" thread and see how long it takes everyone to catch on.

You have been warned. :D

16. fat141

fat141

18. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a bump......

19. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

The last one I pretty-much completed was an HAMB unfriendly '70 Coronet street machine (built early '70s style). I'd post a couple pics but since it is OT I figure it will just get deleted. Got tons of kits, many ideas and doggone little time now, but I hope to get back to building soon, especially since I have an AWB Nova of my own that I need to finish.

20. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Last model car(s) I built was a trio of 69 Camaros from the Revell 1/25 scale kits. One is a 302 powered Z/28 with a cross-ram and chambered exhaust, another one has a 396 with a TH400 and air, power steering and power brakes, and the third (my favorite!) depicts a 307 two barrel car with single exhaust and an optional four speed transmission!

Working on another model kit now...a 1/24 Celica from Tamiya.

21. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

I Built a recreation of my old 49 F-1, BBC powered & all.
    Right down to the fendewell headers.

22. Hebmuller Coupe.

People will cry if I post pics.

23. philo426

philo426

Moebius '55 Chrysler. [​IMG]

24. Deuces

Deuces

The AMT '70-1/2 Baldwin-Motion Camaro...:eek:

25. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I haven't built a model car since I was 12. That was back in '63 and it was a '40 Ford Coupe.

26. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Built this for a friend recently

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. 54rat210

54rat210

Black gold....

28. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

here is a model I found..'37 club coupe resin body..never worked with resin before..but I picked up a tudor kit for the parts. anyone know what kit i could get some '50 merc caps from?

Attached Files:

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yes, CC37, the AMT #6686 '34 Ford 'Street Rod' kit has them. This has box art of a red Five window...but the box art is an airbrushed drawing, and the caps pictured look like round 'baby moons'.
    Inside, you'll find 4 chrome wheels with '50 Merc 'ash cans' on them.

The wheels are in halves, (front halves with caps, backs plain... glue them together with tire inbetween)

If you want painted (or 'reversed' and painted with Merc caps) just file the outers in back 'til the caps fall free. Now put the caps into some nice wide painted wheels!

I had to have these caps for my scratch built models of the Anderegg 'Coupester', and Blackie's 'Shish-Kebob Special'.
    Some of my 1:1 cars also run '50 Merc wheels & caps.

30. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37