Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP .. 50s Tu-Tone custom stainless trim .any information, pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HILLBILLY'ED, Mar 12, 2013.

1. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

Anyone ever used or even seen any of this trim before? I have seen one set on a hambers 56 Buick...any idea what its worth I have 5 or 6 sets still in boxs. looks to have been made in 1955 or 56..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

I really thought someone would know something about these. I've been going to swap meets for 30-35 years and have never seen any ..I did find this old add in a 1957 JC Whitney catalog anybody else?

Attached Files:

3. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

4. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

What cars do they fit? The buick, ford and stude shown? I never knew kits like that existed. I just got a set of '54 Dodge trim for two toning my '49 DeSoto, same concept as above.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I also remember seeing the thread about the 56 Buick with his chrome acessory trim find. The Thunderbolt was used on a car featured in one of the Little books that I have. I have many so I don`t know which one it is. The Ford Fairlane was very common to use 55-56 Merc trim on 55 and 56 Fords. You had to find multiple sets to get the length because they had cut outs for the door handles on the stock trim. I`m thinkin this would be the most popular one. The Thunderbolt kinda resembles the Canadian version.

Attached Files:

6. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

I think the Buick fits 53 to 56. The Stude and Crestliner look universal, as does the Monticlair.The Mainline trim is 55 56 ford much like the 55 Fairlane would prob. fit anything?. The Thunderbolt is again 55 56 ford but looks universal, the JC Whitney says some fit 49-51 Fords

7. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

IF You find your little book please let me know. If you can scan it please post it thanks

8. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

Weekday help? Anyone

9. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

How about this weekend, any help.

10. rld14

rld14

Surprised these aren't getting more interest because I think they're cool as hell.

I was thinking tho, I'd bet that used car lots must have used these back in the day... Get a Mainline in, throw a $28 set of trim and give it a quick two-tone job and voila! Car now looks real sharp.