Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod terminology for N00bs...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fiddy 2, May 25, 2013.

1. Fiddy 2

Fiddy 2

Is there a thread or site that lists popular terminology that I... or any person that needs to... can reference when they want to know what something means? I know many of us know what a Hiboy or Gasser is, but not everyone does, and I think it would be nice to maybe address this. Some terms off the top of my head are:
    Hiboy, Lowboy, Gasser, Roadster, Coupe, Sled, Shoebox, Taildragger, The "R" word (if we are going to be "R" word haters, we should at least be able to say why, LOL), Phaeton, Fordor, Tudor, Hot Rod, Street Rod, Resto Rod, Resto Mod, Lowrider, Custom, along with certain mods like channeled, frenched, shaved, chopped, sectioned, relieved, ported, stretched, slammed, and also some period specific add on parts such as Moon Tank, Lakes Pipes, 3 Deuces, Offy heads, Duvall Windshield, Carson Top... etc.

It may seem pretty darn asinine and basic to most of you, and I know most of the above terms, but for some people this is like learning a foreign language.

Thoughts?
    Dave

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

A Roadster was a 1890's Sporting Bicycle, not everyone knows that. Bob

3. 117harv

117harv

4. Fiddy 2

Fiddy 2