Register now to get rid of these ads!

Under Dash Brake Assembly Installation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willbilly53, May 24, 2013.

1. willbilly53

willbilly53
    from Athens, GA

Just ordered an Under-Dash Brake Pedal Assembly from Speedway. Most everything seems straight forward on the installation. Except the swinging latch on the end. I'm new to customization/hot rods so I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what exactly am I supposed to do with that part? Is it supposed to somehow bolt to the dash? (see attachment)

This is the part I ordered for my '53 Buick Super: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Under-Dash-Brake-Pedal-Assembly-Single-Diaphragm,45466.html

Attached Files:

2. Maybe the instructions will tell you when it gets to your home? You will have to secure it to the dash some how.

3. fsae0607

fsae0607

Looks like a spot for the return spring?

4. Ted H

Ted H

Looks like that is just to assist in fastening the bracket to the dash.
    Ted

5. willbilly53

willbilly53
    from Athens, GA

thanks ya'll. no instructions were included. I'll futz with it tonight after work.

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That is the bracket that you will need to modify to fit your dash (near column mount) to mount the forward section of the assembly

Last edited: May 24, 2013