Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Who made it??? Mystery Pickup Truck Long Bed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike hamel, May 13, 2013.

1. mike hamel

mike hamel

Hey guys, I found this old pickup long bed at an old lady's house about a month ago. It was buried almost to the stake bed pockets with gravel and potting soil and it used to be used as a flower box. Anyways, do you guys have any clue about what it fits? It's a long bed. I have searched and searched about what truck it went on but I have not come up with anything close. It looks similar to the stake pockets of my 1936 Dodge but I do not know for sure. Notice the middle tiny stake bed pocket... Any help with the identification of the bed would be greatly appreciated. I just wanted to rescue it from being buried in dirt for all these years. Here are some pictures..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 327Eric

327Eric

3. Yep, Stude. M series

4. ev88f

ev88f

If its not a stude bed it may be a Plymouth like 36-39. My friend had one and the bed and pockets look really close

5. 64-66 Long bed Ford pickup. HRP

[​IMG]

6. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Looks like it is worth saving, for sure. There are plenty of old farm trucks and work trucks around and not enough pickup beds. It wouldn't look that good if you planted floweres in it it Missouri.

7. Those stake pockets look like the ones on my Chevrolet��

8. R Pope

R Pope

HRP is close, but no cigar! The top rails are at an angle, showing it to be a 1959-style box.

9. That's '40s Mopar or Stude.

10. utahdodge

utahdodge

This old ad shows a 1936 dodge
    1 3/4 ton express truck with a long bed. Stake pockets aren't correct but maybe yours is a later model?

Attached Files:

11. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I'm trusting the Stude man.

12. X2.....looks exactly like the bed on a '38 Chevy I had.

Definitely '40's or earlier.....

13. EarlKann

EarlKann

Voting Studebaker M series as well.

14. 36brothers

36brothers

I have seen the same stake pockets on Dodge and Chevy, they must have been made by a 3rd party. The shape of the fender is not 36/37 dodge, doesn't look chevy either, stude must be it?

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  15. It's a STUDE M series!!!!:rolleyes:

16. chevybruno

chevybruno
    from CT

I bought an old trailer for the bed to put on my truck it is exactly like this one in your pics. It was complete and had tags on it from a tailer company. I have tried to find out what it was off of and could not find anything that looks the same. I assummed it was it's own make just made for a trailer company. I really like how it looks on my truck and not only are the stake pockets unique but the tubing on top is way smaller diameter than chevy. I never even thought about studebaker. does anyone have pics of one on a truck I'll try to post mine

17. chevybruno

chevybruno
    from CT

trying a link I think it worked

Attached Files:

• bed.JPG
      bed.JPG
      File size:
      100.9 KB
      Views:
  18. I had a M series Stude and it is the same

19. And your trailer was a Studebaker too.
    The OP's picture is most from a likely a one ton. Stude made M series in 1/2, 3/4, and one ton pickups.

20. sololobo

sololobo

Not a clue who made it, but I am diggin those hooks on the bed sides. I looked at a set of bed rails off a 69 Chevy yesterday my neighbor was scraping, but didn't like the look. Something like this might work real well on the ol 66 long bed. Good I.D work as always crew. ~sololobo~

21. Just to inform.....the hooks are aftermarket additions.

22. mike hamel

mike hamel

Yeah it looks like to me that it sure is a studebaker m series long bed. Thanks for all who helped out. Glad I saved it from turning into fertilizer for the plants. Haha

23. shadams

shadams

Looks like a 47-53 Chevy long bed, but missing a set of stake pockets. And the fender is wrong, and the middle stake pocket, and the steel floor. So I guess that means i am wrong. Stude it is..heh.

24. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

That looks to be as stated before me a 47-53 Chevy bed ive seen em before just dont recall what its called but they had an extra long bed i wanna say 10ft bed?

25. mike hamel

mike hamel

No, it is not a 47-53 Chevy long bed, its different. As stated before, it's a studebaker m-series 1 ton long bed.