Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Deuce Roadster passed away tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 19, 2013.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I am truly saddened by the news of Randys passing. We had come to know each other over the last few years through our mutual admiration for the 32 Ford. I was talking with him about 2 weeks ago when he arranged for me to have his room at the LARS as he was unable to go. At that time he said he was having some health problems and was going to have some surgery soon. May God shine on him in the after life. He will be missed.

2. Thumper

Thumper

Very sad news....I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. He will be missed. RIP.

His passing made a ripple in the force.......

3. Very sad day indeed. I will miss him deeply. Rest in peace Randy.

Charlie

4. This is a shock. I am so sorry for his family and friends. These things out of the blue seem to hurt the most. I never met him but feel like I have from just reading his posts and input.
    Try to remember the good times always Danny.

5. Dirk35

Dirk35

Rest in peace, and condolences to the family and his friends. :(

6. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

RIP. Didn't know him personally but all my respects to his friends and family.

7. My condolances to family and friends.

8. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

This is tough to type, I met Randy a few years ago and would see him several times a summer. Prayers for his family.

9. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

This is such sad news I met Randy at our Pre LARS open house , always fun to talk to , never a bad word said , he enjoyed his Deuces , his family & his friends on the HAMB , God's Speed my friend , happy cruisin' where you are now brother.

RIP

Limey Steve.

10. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

HRP, it's hard to loose a brother. My hearts with you.

11. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

thoughts & prayers to his family & friends,he will be missed here with his wit & wisdom, another hamb'er to the big rod run rip

12. My sympathies to the family and friends. I will miss his posts.

13. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

RIP Randy.

Best thoughts to the family and friends

14. havi

havi

Oh, WOW! My condolences!

15. Roadsir

Roadsir

Terrible news....... I saw a post last week referencing that he had some health issues. He was quite a contributor on the board and though I did not meet him personally, you can tell he was a great guy....
    God Speed..

16. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Prayers to you and his family...hang in there Danny..

17. badshifter

badshifter

So sad. Condolences to you all.

18. turbodickie

turbodickie

RIP! Randy was my friend and a fellow 3W and deuce roadster owner. We swapped parts and tales for many years. He knew more about deuces than just about any one. He will be missed. I am very blessed to have known this fellow hotrodder. Dickie Burke

19. A-Bomb

A-Bomb

RANDY NASH.. A man larger than life.. I have been good friends with Randy going on 40 years now. We met at a local car show and became "car buddies" and very good friends over the years. I only live a couple of miles from him so it was easy for us to trade parts and favors.My "A" coupe as well as the 32 pickup I am now working on both have parts DONATED by Randy.

Randy "valued" his friendships and was one of the few people I know that I could call at any time for help, either in town or many miles away..He LOVED a road trip !!

Randy was candidly honest in his opinions. Because of that he may have seemed "gruff" to a few people who didnt get to know him. That was THEIR LOSS. We need more honest speaking people like Randy.

As others have said, He was a wealth of information, both about Early Fords and anything General Motors, Especially Chevrolet. If he met you, He did not forget your name and had a memory like a steel trap. At this moment he is probably telling Henry Ford how to properly build a 32.

I will miss him dearly and my prayers and thoughts go out to Quida Sue and his Brother.

20. flatoz

flatoz

You could always look for Randy's input on a '32 thread and know he was on the money, sad news. All the best for his family.

21. Sad news, my condolences to his family & friends. Rest In Peace Randy!

22. Didn't know the man personally but very sad news. RIP

23. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Rest in peace Deuce.

24. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Danny, I am so sorry for the loss of your special friend.

I am kind of going through something totally different. My wife passed in Apr 2012. Now guys I have known since the seventies treat me like a total stranger. I am not sure what I did but feel like the Lone Outsider . . . .

Oh well. Know your friend will get better treatment than that.

In respect for those who have special memories for "Deuce Roadster". May he Rest In Peace.

Dave :eek:

25. My heart just broke when I saw this. Randy was a super great guy. A void that won't be filled. RIP Randy

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

RIP, Randy. I always enjoyed your posts. :(

27. 63Compact

63Compact

Say its not so, now who will tease me with pictures of 32 Grille shells.
    RIP Deuce Roadster.

28. I met Randy at the LARS a few years ago, and he was great to talk to and willing to share his knowledge on 32 Fords.
    RIP Randy, and condolences to family and friends.

29. hotcargo

hotcargo

always enjoyed his input ...RIP Randy

condolences to his friends and family

30. HAMB lost a great resource of information. Loos of a good friend for those that knew him personally.