Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage !!! El Mirage Season Opener Pic's !!! May 18-19

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 19, 2013.

1. He told me he was drag racing...and he forgot his jets and would have to run what was in it.

2. I talked to him before he ran today. He said the bike was running great. never saw the 57 in line

Craig-saw the car run but forgot my radio,so I didn't hear how he did.

3. You're kind of a Hit-n-Run guy. I turned around and you were GONE! Hope your back stays well.

4. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Thanks for sharing...

5. It great meeting you. Tims truck looks awsome screaming down the lake bed!:D

6. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

im digging that Tiki grill, on the right car.

7. Yeah, I was half asleep when we showed up, but we made it! Racing at Eagle Field the day before, swaped cars and drove down durring the night. Forgot my "tuning kit" so ran what we had. Made two passes, both were 133 and change. a little slow but still worht the drive. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couldn't miss this thing as we pulled up. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Talked to the guy with the '57 Chevy, turns out he's right down the road from me in Porterville. former Pro-stock.

[​IMG]

Wish I could have spent the whole weekend at Elmo but had to do Eagle. I don't know why they can't make everything fit my schedual.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. Good seeing you at Eagle! Thanks for sharing your Yearbooks.

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

bump...
    H E L L O !!!!!
    THIS is where your hobby started, people!
    I can't believe so few "hot rodders" "view" stories and photos of El Mirage.
    How can you advance a hobby if you don't understand how and where it started?

10. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing! Great pics!!

-Jeremy

11. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1tN2i-Wshio?list=UUzTwN0kYLfaw0Otd8byf8UA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

I knew idsee these up here!! awesome pics Bad bob//// it was awesome seeing you ... we need to get you a bigger mini bike or at least a fez...
    see you soon .

13. Thanks for the shots guys!

14. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Thanks for the photos...loved the sidecars, as well as everything else.

15. Great video Tim....

16. Shipper Sel

Shipper Sel
    from SoCal

Hey Bob, good meeting you at the start of the day on Saturday. I was surprised to see your truck there. I'll post a few pics of my own to share later. Hopefully there arent any doubles!

17. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

It was great seeing Bob and other HAMBers at the Rod Rider's BBQ. We missed Tim as he was driving all over California! Next meet we will have the Salt Circus out to make a pass!

18. Ditto...It was a great meet!

19. Hmmm...I knew I'd seen this somewhere before...:D

Attached Files:

20. Thanks for sharing the picks!!

The video from mctim64 was just outstanding; I just love the sound from the Y-block.
    We had a 62 F100 292 4 on the floor a couple years ago, remember the sound when cranking. But the sound this beast create when the throttle opens,, it’s just amazing!!! Thanks!!!

21. excellent, my girlfriend's booking a holiday to Cali this time next year, so i'll have to drag her for next years may meet as its a been dream since i was little kid, what's the deal, can i just turn up to watch the racing?

22. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

All are welcome.

23. That's what I want to see! ;)

Here's a picture of the engine, all ready to go. lol

[​IMG]

24. That was before I shaved....

25. Thanks for the pics. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to do this for all the events you go to.

El Mirage is on my list of places to hit someday. With limited vacation time not used with family I use it to go to Bonneville.

26. Well said Mazooma1, that's why so many people try to redefine "traditional", they haven't really studied the history first.

27. Thanks for sharing .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for all the effort. Great ride:)

29. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

THANKS Bad Bob..........great pictures