Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN - 63 Chevy C10 lwb pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bazooka, May 9, 2013.

1. Bazooka

Bazooka

I left my apartment around 9am this morning and realized that the 63 Chevy lwb pickup that my grandfather gave my brother and I was no where to be found. The apartment complex manager denies having it towed but did say he left a notice on the truck yesterday that I had 72 hours to respond and let him know it was not a abandoned vehicle or he would have it towed. It was dirty and hadn't been driven in about 6 weeks. Like I said though he denies having it towed and says its just a coincidence it was towed the day after he left a notice on the truck.
    I have already reported it stolen to the Fresno PD they said there was no record of the truck being towed.
    I have a feeling my apartment manager had it illegally towed but cant prove it. The only thing is no tow company has reported towing the truck to police department.
    Just in case it really has been stolen by someone and not towed wanted to put this up for the members to keep their eyes open for the truck or parts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fenders

Fenders

Any security cameras?
    Failure of apartment security?
    Won't get Gramp's truck back but keep in mind the possibility of suing the apartment owners.

3. jesse1980

jesse1980

Damn that's a nice truck too. I hope you find it.

4. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

Ohhhhhh NOOOO.....What a cool truck too, that thing is sweet:( I'm really sorry to hear that man.....

Hope theres a special place in fiery burning hell for car thieves....

5. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

Sux when people cant keep their grubby little paws off other peoples things. Hope you find it and get it back.

6. Bazooka

Bazooka

Apartment manager says there is nothing unusual on the security tapes and they didn't show the truck being taken.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

7. Call all the tow companies and mention you had it stolen, have reported it stolen and ask if someone "accidently" called and had it towed. Or drive by all the tow yards.

8. Motomike43

Motomike43

That's horrible. I hate people who think they can just take things that don't belong to them. Is there any businesses or ATM machines down the road in either direction which might have camera footage of the truck leaving.
    Its a sweet truck and has family history. I hope you get it back.

9. Any news? And did you report it stolen?

10. jesse1980

jesse1980

That apartment manger sounds full of $hit. How would a full size truck being towed out not be on camera?!???? You couldn't miss that thing leaving.

11. Bazooka

Bazooka

Yes It is already reported as stolen. unfortunately no news at all yet. I don't expect to get the truck back. I was hoping it would be reported as being towed by a tow company by the end of the day and that hasn't happened yet.

I really do think my apartment manager did something shady. I just cant prove anything. He insist the truck must have been stolen that he didn't have it towed.

12. That mofo needs to be jacked up.... the HAMB needs a swift justice squad.

Bob

13. jesse1980

jesse1980

14. Motomike43

Motomike43

Yeah, my first thought was the apartment manager was in on it somehow. someone saw something. Ask everyone around. one of your neighbors had to see it leave

15. Oh man, that's terrible. I hope everything works out for you.

I have a hunch that the apartment manager isn't telling you the whole truth.

16. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Call and check impound yards.
    A few years ago a friend's car was stolen. He reported it to the police and did a report.
    Three years later he gets a title request from the new owner who bought it from his police department's impound auction. It was recovered by another PD and sent to his town the day after it was stolen.

17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Some apartments and business have signs posted regarding vehicles that are in violation of their "rules". I'd start with whatever tow company might have that contract, and go from there. It could also be a "gypsy" tow company cruising parking lots looking for vehicles that have been tagged with a warning, such as yours apparently was (?). Same for the chop shop guys that have a tow truck. We're all pulling for you. Butch/56sedandelivery.

18. I would think the cops should be pressured into asking for those video tapes.

19. I would start hiting up every scrap yard in the area. My evil step mother years ago scrapped my bro's Ford pickup on him, never found it and she played dumb (or dumber). It had a nice 327 Chevy wrapped up in the bed.

Bob

20. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

I hate F__King CROOKS, I hope they mess with the wrong guy's some day and get a major beat down or worst!

21. jesse1980

jesse1980

:mad:I say you post the apartment managers phone number on here and those of us that want to can chose to call for you and see what WE can find out!

22. wheelnut46

wheelnut46
    from RI, USA

If the security cameras can't show a full size pickp truck leaving the yard then they're not good for much. I agree the manager is in on it. Maybe he didn't have it 'towed'. Maybe his buddy from the bar just outright stole it and drove it away.
    Good luck. I hope you find justice.

23. Fenders

Fenders

The Boston police did the same thing some years ago -- had an auction of "abandoned" vehicles... the buyers went to register them and were told they were stolen! Cops never bothered to check.....

Back in the 70s I had a 65 mustang stolen in Boston. Reported it. Months later I got a notice from a court to pay the parking tickets (it had been wallpapered with them!).
    Found out from the Court that it was in a tow lot in Boston. Went and got it -- no damage except for the popped ignition.

Yah, cops really care about finding out who owns an "abandoned" car and notifying the owner........

24. Paul B

Paul B

Is there a sign on the building with a towing companys name for illegal parked cars. rat bastard manager knows somthing.

25. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

I would want to see those tapes for myself.

26. Bazooka

Bazooka

Manager said he checked the tapes and didnt see anything. He also said he has already recorded over the days the truck went missing because there was nothing on the tape. I know this is bullshit

Anyway bumping this up for more eyes to see.

27. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

It's likely an inside job.The manager and security guys most likely "looked the other way" and let somebody haul it off. There being no record on the security tapes is a dead give away. I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

28. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Tell the apt manager the police have asked for a copy of the security camera tapes. Then watch his reaction. You'll know if he's lying.

29. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Turn his bitch ass in. I hate cops and cop callers like anybody else, but somebody is screwing you around and either needs to loose their freedom or their knee caps. (Your choice)

30. That's just wrong... :(