Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Mesquite,TX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1958Warrior, May 14, 2013.

1. 1958Warrior

1958Warrior

Well hello everyone , I'm in Mesquite ,Texas(Dallas area).I've always loved the classic cars and trucks. I learned to rive in a 57 chevy farm truck on my sisters farm in the late 70's. I use to dream about buying it and fixing it up back then, but they sold it before I even had my license , I was maybe 13 at the time.
    Call it a midlife crissis??? Saw a 58 apache a few years ago and pulled the trigger on it. It was a long time coming.
    i cleaned it up , tore it down to see what it all needed, been gathering parts here and there when I had time. Recently became unemployeed (machinist), So now I've got plenty of time right now to work on it.
    Been reading the forum for a good while and just now joined . I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas and feed back ,and hope to be able to share some of my own.
    ...I'm going with a Camaro clip and rear end, to make it a safe driver.Not a trailer queen.

2. Nice intro, lets see some pictures of the beast.

3. 1958Warrior

1958Warrior

Thanks chopped51, I got some pics , but this is all new to me . I got to figure out how to post a pic, me and computers dont think alike.

4. Welcome from So Cal, used to have a 58 myself.
    Click on THIS LINK to learn how to post pics.

5. 1958Warrior

1958Warrior

chopped51
    here she is as I found her , needs the usual cab corners,fender patch, maybe hinge pockets everthing else looks pretty solid.
    Thanks the-stig, turned out I had to reduce my pics to get them to load in my album, saw how to do it with windows paint on U-tube, I 'm learnin.
    [​IMG]

6. nice truck....and color....welcome from west Dallas....

7. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Nice truck, workin on a 58 myself. Does yours have a 6 or 8?

8. Welcome from kansas city