Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody in Evergreen, Co.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mitch 36, May 8, 2013.

1. Hey Colorado crowd, we just bought our new digs up in Evergreen and I was wondering just how many of you were up the hill that way. Its gonna be a couple years before I can move out there for good but we plan to spend every free week there just soaking up the clean life. Hope you dont mind a native of Chicago infiltrating your perfect scheme of things!! Mitch.:)

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I am not from Evergreen. But that town has always appealed to me. A lot of parks, very old country town. Kinds reminds me of the Waltons, yet it is close enough to Denver for important things. Watch out for the Red Fox.... Probably any guns shots will be for plinkin instead of Gang issues....

I imagine its gonna be like pullin the emergency brake of life, and enjoy

3. Yes, Evergreen sucked us in several years ago and its all we have thinking about since. You only live once and I have been in the same town for 52 years so its time to get getting. We know about the Red Fox and about the Mountain Lions but they pale in contrast to the Animals that roam the streets of Chicago. PLUS Colorado allows an individual to carry, and that to me is a plus. Cant wait. Mitch.

4. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I totally agree.....

5. 68Camaro427

68Camaro427

Greetings, Mitch! I live in Littleton, just to your southeast, right up against the foothills (southeast of Bandimere Speedway). My folks still live up by Evergreen, and you'll love it (except the winters, unless you have an AWD hotrod) :)

6. FANTM58

FANTM58

Welcome to colorado
    I'm just down the hill
    Lots to enjoy here , see you at some shows this summer !!

7. luciomduran

luciomduran

I am in Littleton too, Welcome to Colorado my friend.

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Down in Denver... if ya need someone to hang out at your place in evergreen until you move in just let me know, I wont charge much ;)

9. Ghost28

Ghost28

Hammm. Is the little bear still open? I got myself in trouble there a couple of times.

10. I lived in Evergreen for a few years when I first moved to CO from Texas in the 80's. It's a great little bedroom community. it's not actually a city as it is unincorporated Jefferson county. There are a few high end cars tucked away in some of the garages on the Hiwan golf course. I sell to some very good architects and builders there and they are very good people for the most part. Prices are a little higher than down the hill in the city, but that is too be expected. Some of the resort towns(Breckenridge, Vail. etc.) host a few shows in the summers such as Classic Chevy and concours. but for the most part they aren't too HAMB friendly. But hey, you are only 15 minutes from Golden where we have a huge cruise on the first Saturday of every month. There is GG's near Ft Collins and NSRA in Pueblo. Both have their share of HAMB friendly cars. And there are lots of smaller get togethers in the city. Welcome, and keep in touch.

11. It was last time I was there John. Big motorcycle destination on Sundays. I remember being in there when Willy Nelson just showed up and sat in with the band.

12. spiders web

spiders web

Welcome from just up the hill from ya.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Chicago eh...??? Finally getting out of the city...??? Evergreen is a pricey little community that gets a lot of snow in the winter...and a lot of bears in the summer, along with other critters...but welcome.

I'm east, Aurora, suburb of Denver and have lived here many years, but every once in a while I'll venture to Evergreen to see what's changed...

If the '36 in your avatar is your driver, you'll fit right in with the rest of us...there's a lot going on in Denver and surroundings during the summer -that is, IF it quits snowing this Spring...!!!

R-

14. Yea its time to leave the Big City. The crime is starting to get a bit to close to our area and its time for an upgrade. As for pricey, the house we bought wasn't too much out of line for what it is, about the same value level as here. And snow?? Snow doesn't bother me, I will be retired so if its snowing hard , I stay home in the garage. As for the 36, it will probably spend time in the garage while the 36 Chevy truck sees the gravel road , brushed rustoleum is more forgiving that shiny black. I really think I'm gonna like Evergreen :). Mitch.

15. And if you like to gamble, it's not too far from Blackhawk/Central City.

16. Were not much of gamblers, would rather head up to Estes instead and do some hiking .I think RMNP is one of my most favorite places on earth, with the Tetons and Yosemite right behind.

17. 53 sparky

53 sparky

Ghost28: The Little Bear is still open. And you can still get in trouble there any time you want.

Welcome to Colorado, Mitch. It's a great place to live and play. And check out the Great Sand Dunes Park some time. And the Royal Gorge. Beautiful drives from Evergreen, and perfect destinations for a day trip.

18. Thanks 53, it is a popular place, I find it amazing how many people here in the Chicago area either have been there or know someone who lives there. Thats what got my wife hooked on the town years ago. As for a bike destination, we flew in last Sunday to sign paperwork and walk the house and town was jam-packed with people, cars and tons of scoots. I also saw a neat little T roadster coming down 73 into town that I would not mind owning. We bought up in the Brook Forest area so we are far enough out so hopefully we can avoid the hustle and bustle of the down town if we want. Hope to meet up with you guys soon, Mitch.

19. S2X01

S2X01

Just down the hill in Wheat Ridge...right off the highway.
    Let me know if you need anything!

20. I will be in need of a good concrete contractor for the new garage, as long as Im able to build on my property. I already see that there should be no shortage of people to hang with. Mitch.

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You should hike the 'peak to peak' trail then...that'll take you a few hours...or all day depending on how "retired" you are...!!! And Devil's Head as well...there's plenty of trails around here...

R-

22. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I've got a concrete guy ready for ya too.

23. Ghost28

Ghost28

HMMM. I might have to hook you up with my son/n law when you are ready for a quote for some concrete work. He owns Superior concrete in Centenial. Let me know...

24. Ghost, I may take you up on that. the garage will be built on the slope of the hill so itsa gonna be lots of concrete, probably not cheap so Im gonna start saving up. The house already has a 23 x 23 attached but I want to build atleast a 26 x 30 with a 12/12 pitch roof so I have a place for me and "Son of a Mitch" to work. This project is a couple years down the road though, gotta get settled in first. Were going to be out May 30th - June 2nd for closing and then for a week in July and another week in August so maybe I can meet some of you guys then. Mitch.

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

GoodGuy's event at the Ranch is June 7, 8 and 9...stretch your vacation so you can go to it...

R-

26. What the Hell, we just closed on our house in Brook Forest on Thursday and first thing Monday everyone is evacuated due to the BLUEBELL wild fire less than a mile away. I suppose its a good thing that we flew home on Sunday nite or other wise I would have been REALLY freaking out. I called my new neighbor Matt and he assured me that everything was going to be OK. Have been checking in on the Jeffco Sheriffs web site for updates so at least I can feel at ease that my new house isnt burning. I wish that I didnt have to come back to Chi Town but gotta keep working for the time being. I will be back out in July so hopefully I can hook up with some of you guys and see whats up. I plan on driving the 36 Ford out in August and keeping it in the garage so that I have less to move out later, and have a driver while I'm out at the new digs. see ya Mitch.