Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie in Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Calamitygirl, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Hi just got back from a whirlwind weekend at LSRU! Wow, lots of awesome cars, met several of you in person and the enthusiasm you guys share for your passion is definitely contagious!

Can't wait for the next event!

2. castirondude

castirondude

Welcome! Yesterday was my first time at the roundup as well, though I have lived in the austin area for awhile now. I missed the hamb get together but really there were nice people everywhere. Definitely will go again next year! I got my '28 going again just in time. I need to get a project rolling every year so I have a different car for each round up!

Did you have an entry in the show or just visiting?

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. Calamitygirl...take a second and read the introduction "Sticky" at the top of the Introduction page you just posted to. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

Glad you had a great time at the LSRU but that has nothing to do with the introduction rules. Tell us who you are, your background and interestes...any projects your working on or plan to start.

We just want to know who the new people are wanting to join in.

4. Hell it's a girl:cool: I'll welcome her!:rolleyes: Welcome from CT!

5. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

welcome after all her name is calamity .

6. Oops, my bad. I have a 1960 AMC Rambler Deluxe Sedan! Audrey is Festival Rose color with push button automatic and factory a/c. She is at my mechanic and he is taking his time getting her road ready. Seems he has fallen in love with her as well! Lol. She sat in a garage someone in Dallas for the last four years so we are bringing her back to life. Here she is being delivered to Craig (Advanced Tire, Arlington, TX).

Always had a love for cars, my dad owned over 139 of them and was still driving when he was 90 yrs. old! I am my father's daughter!

Besides enjoying classic cars and the like, a passion I have is offroading. You might find me in Moab, UT with the Black Sheep Hummer Squadron or at one of the ORV parks here in Texas with Hummer 4x4 Off Road.

I have varied interests as long as it has four wheels and an engine!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  7. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

8. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Welcome from Oklahoma!

9. castirondude

castirondude

Cool! Oh man I love offroading too, particularly the mild forms where you get to be way out there and not have to worry about calamities. I love taking my pick up camper, set up dry camp somewhere and go for day hikes

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. Welcome from Kansas City

11. elsangre

elsangre

Welcome from Fort Worth.

12. castirondude

castirondude

Are you in any austin area car clubs?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

13. No, that's a little too far away from me. :)

14. jesse1980

jesse1980

Hey from Indiana.

15. Welcome Clamitygirl, from Central VA!

16. kalthans

kalthans
    from Dallas, TX

hey Calamity, welcome. in DFW area myself and looking for build buddies. have a chopped 1951 Pontiac Chieftain.