Register now to get rid of these ads!

saved from the scraper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, May 5, 2013.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] finally figured out how to upload pics, yea! Picked up this merc from a friend of mine who is using the front clip and dash for his 51 Just couldnt let it get crushed

2. 117harv

117harv

Nice job, 5 gold stars for you:)

3. lawman

lawman

Nice save !!

4. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Sweet....good save...

5. its got an early ford small block looks like a 221. The generator, oil fill timing cover and down draft tube would look nice on my 302 if possible

6. jesse1980

jesse1980

7. [​IMG] came with this cool shifter too

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

9. sorry for the spelling,typing with no lights on

10. John B

John B

Gotta ask the question. What kind of car guy would send that to be scrapped? I mean there's useable parts there that some other car guy can use.

11. zjerry

zjerry

Nice save ,why would he scrap it ?

12. I figured this might be asked. He is a cool old hot rod guy but in his day 4 door cars didnt get much respect, guess he still feels that way, anyway at least he called to ask if I was interested. His friend thru in that cool heater. First goodyear heater I ever seen, saving for a roadster.

13. the heater dude also gave me a rough 51 merc 4 door a few years ago. Im gonna use the radio and some sheet metal pieces on my 50. It still has its flathead too

14. raidmagic

raidmagic

Good thing you posted, no one would have know what he was talking about:rolleyes:

15. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I was wondering how big the scraper was ? Good save man.

16. I'd RATHER have a 4 door Merc! I like the suicide back doors. The Goodyear heater is a cool piece. There were a zillion brands of those aftermarket heaters. Up until the late '40s few cars had a factory heater. Heaters and most other options were dealer installed. Many people bought aftermarket heaters instead of getting one from the dealer.

17. I'm thinking of installing a woodstove under the dash of my 61 Apache. I was gonna go with a river rock fireplace, but I want it to look period correct, not too 'ranchy'.

18. Cruiser

Cruiser

Cool pick up. What are your plans for the Merc? I would start looking for a front clip and the dash. :D

CRUISER:cool:

19. John B

John B

I had a 51 Merc four door a few years back, mostly stock but it seemed to get alot of attention and admiration. Maybe when these cars were semi-new and plentiful a four door wasn't cool, but these days with the prices a two door brings a more door is a good alternative. In some models anyway.

20. this is the one im going to build. I have a 2 door parts car also. thinking abour making this one a 2 door. As for the other 4 door I havnt any plans for other than fot parts, if not used soon I will find a good home for it.[​IMG]

21. These early Mercs are one of the few cars that look just as good in a 4 door as a 2 door in my opinion.

22. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

me too ---i don't think the two doors look any better than the four doors...

23. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

That is a neat heater,I have BFG heater I've been saveing with a matching radio.