Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Mystery Of "Miss Deal"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I enjoyed hearing both the fictional and real stories. I kinda miss model building.

2. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Aren't we all still just building models only full size and in steel instead of plastic, grinding instead of using your Xacto knife and welding instead of gluing. It's all about making the pieces fit together.

3. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Joey has a great writing ability. Very interesting article. I like the under-the-rug humor in addition to his obvious technical knowledge. Would love to read more of his penmanship.

4. Critical Mass

Critical Mass

I was at my local hobby shop on Friday, and they had a flyer stating that the Miss Deal model was going to be reissued late May or early June.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Hope it comes out with the original box art...

6. Seeing all of the pictures of the models in this thread was like a walk down Memory Lane. Building models was a huge part of my life as a kid, and helped formed my love of all things mechanical.

I'm glad that somebody mentioned the amazing artwork that was on the boxes. That used to be just as cool as the model inside. Not only was the automotive artwork top-notch, but the aircraft artwork was as good or even better. It's good to see people giving some of the unknown (sadly) artists some recognition.

7. Greasyman

Greasyman

Old thread, but how many Miss Deal threads are there in the world, may as well keep it going. I had that kit, and not only was it very cool that it was a Stude, but I remember that the kit was unusually well detailed. It's been over 40 years since I've looked at one, but one example, iirc, was that the block had cylinders in it, so if you left the head off it still looked realistic. On every other engine it was just smooth plastic. I wonder why Revell chose to do that on this particular model.