Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you ever seen...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokeybear, May 4, 2013.

1. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

...baby moons on aluminum slot wheels? Me neither until today. I gotta say I like it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

And how do they attatch.

3. They look funny to me. I cant place my finger on it, but something. It isnt my car, so if you like it, run with it.

4. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I made brackets that mimic the tangs on the original wheels and they bolt on using the lug nuts.

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

First let me say your Mopar is cool. Now let the negative response commence. They dont work for me. Slot or steel wheels with moons would be fine but that makes as much sence as a AV8 with Weld wheels just dont work.

6. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Nope. And suspect I won't again.

7. BRENT

BRENT

Could you post a picture of the bracket you made, gives me an idea for dishes on other rims.

Brent

8. I think it might be the bulbousness of the baby moon clashing with the dish of the slots.

I don't hate it, but it looks funny

9. i think it is the red in the slots that make it look "funny"

10. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Not sure about the wheels but the coupe is very cool...

11. Think I remember something similar in Rodder's Digest in the 90's don't hate it but I'd use some cool press in caps or something smaller if it was me. BUT...it's yours. :)

12. raidmagic

raidmagic

I like it. I think the red slots are what's throwing the eye off.

13. Yea, I know that definately doesnt help, but I think 31Vicky is seeing what I am. Its two different syles clashing.

14. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

If you think about it, it's sorta like Chevy rally wheels of the 1970-ish vintage.
    They are really a "slotted" steel wheel with a center "hubcap".....right?

15. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I'll get you a few pics tomorrow.

I know it's not like flippers or caddy caps but It's better than showing the spindles or hub flanges like it was.

[​IMG]

The more I look at it the more I like it. I like to march to the beat of a different drum... I already had the moons that a friend gave me, plus it cost all of 8 bucks to make the the supports and I'm a cheap bastard. :D

16. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

17. Jimm56

Jimm56

Old joke..."the rich kids put hubcaps on their mag wheels"

18. im guessing the braket snaps on over the lug nuts? its ok (the look) but its a little off maybe its the chrome with the semi polished aluminum or maybe the slots are alittle too large or maybe the baby moon is alittle too large

i love aluminum slots so id just run them

19. It like mixing watermelon and beer .... both great on their own but when mixed it is poison. The paint in the windows reeks of "streetrod".

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

reminds me of the kid in High School with the Mohawk...was he the cool kid, or the ugly kid trying to be different...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. brad chevy

brad chevy

The moons are just to big and make the slots look like some of the modern wheels which they are not. Good looking car though. Would look better with some bullitt center caps.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm inclined to agree with Brad, the moons are too big even if they do hide what you want to hide. It might be better to get some of the disks that guys use to keep the disk brake dust from getting to the front of the wheel and using them to hide the stuff behind the wheel. Then find some smaller early Plymouth caps that will just cover the lug nuts to give the thing a distinctive look.

Damned nice looking coupe though.

23. Get some knock off spinners photo shopped on there.
    What's wrong with the caps that are supposed to go with them and chrome nuts