Register now to get rid of these ads!

identify this please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 27 dodge, Apr 29, 2013.

1. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

again this is dodge.[​IMG]

2. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

So should i just rejister it as a dodge because the vin doesn't match the dodge either and it doesnt match the overland but it has the right vin for a possible gray motor corporation coach >?1923 so there's stuff to think about too.

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

I am thinking along the lines of a 25 nash sedan. Here is a coupe for comparison.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  4. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

thanks. i like that car a lot ,that cowl is similar ,but the decoritive line at the top of the door flows into the line at the top of the cowl ,and mine is seperate. cool car though.

5. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

i will look at more nashes though.

6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D I just love a good mystery.Come on all you good HAMB detectives.Solve this one.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

7. studeynut

studeynut

1924 Overland, found a craigs list ad for a "1924 Willys Overland" (Valley Springs CA) its an open car but has the same dash gauge arrangment. I would attach the ad if I knew how. Check it out.

8. C-cab dreamer

C-cab dreamer

Something else you might look at is that visor on your car. Maybe measure how wide and deep it is...it looks deeper than most by just a little. Good luck. :)

9. C-cab dreamer

C-cab dreamer

10. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

thank you guys. still looking. i know there is a lot of cars that are extinct .maybe i bought one? i had no idea there would be a hunt involved .I have always solved these within a day .But i have had this for months .I know GOD knows .But i asked Him and He did'nt tell me.

11. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

i did notice that the overlands have very similar dashes (yes. But then i always come up short on those matching the stuff on the cowl or the thing where they have 3 hinges on the doors.I realise we don't get a million dollar prize for figuring this out ,but man i still wanna know.thanks oh ya and the vin's are different on the overlands .even though the 4 cylinder has 2 hinges the decorative line around the cowl did'nt match ,sorry if i'm being repetative .I think i need to sleep now talk to you all tommorow

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  12. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

ok ,lets not give up. i got a lot of sleep and you guys i think found the maker because this cowl is mine .this coupe is listed as a 24 overland coupe ,but it doesnt look like any overland coupe cowl i've ever seen .we agreed that my dash looks just like an overland dash .and now we found the cowl ,split window curved dash .But this car has 3 hinges and mine never did and none of the other overlands decorative bead looks like this ,because they all flow togather. So more pictures like this one please only with same cowl lines and 2 hinges? ????(thank you ,so far,[​IMG]

13. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

this is the first time i've ever matched the cowl just right .why does this red coupe above look like mine but not the other 24 overlands .[​IMG]

14. studeynut

studeynut

I've heard that some manufacturers made necessary changes mid year. Maybe the early 24's had only 2 hinges then added the 3rd. ?? The firewalls are also a good identifying point.

15. That's the way it is with my two 1931 business Dodge coupes. Both made in February of 1931 and the one made first has two hinges. The one made after that one has three hinges. The dark blue one was made first.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  16. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

AAHHAA !!! starting to make more sense now !!! thank you . you can see why i i was tripped up for so long .

17. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

maybe the short vin was something someone stamped into my car .I am feeling better about this build now and will get the right title.But please still send more comparable pictures .thanks everyone.

18. studeynut

studeynut

And with the steel body structure there weren't may choices to pick from. Now find an Overland radiator shell or one similar and get it going. What are your plans?

19. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

Closest match ! Does everyone agree??? (24 overland)[​IMG]

20. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

21. studeynut

studeynut

Definitely! Love the odd ones, glad I could help. Helps having a good reference library.

22. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

YES THANKS MAN .(they musta had like 5 or more different models that year .Very confusing .(and careful with those granades .thanks to everyone else too.

23. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

here is a 22 overland dash .i will load my dash picture up and we will compare (oh you asked what the plans are ?well no chop .but maybe some channeling to bring her down .I all ready made the frame from 32 ford rails ,I dont know if they are sedan or what ,and i put a chevy 12 bolt in it and a small block chevy and 700r4 .i wanna put a muncie later though and bang gears ,you know .i still need a driveline,wiring ,and brakes and we will be kickin up rocks.[​IMG]

24. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

25. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

26. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

mine has those same gauges ,why is that 22 dash posting so huge ?

27. studeynut

studeynut

its BIG brother

28. Kind of looks like a maxwell

29. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

photo (77).jpg

photo (82).JPG

Looks like my 1923 Willys Overland Champion to me! Is yours a 3 door?

30. 27 dodge

27 dodge
    from las vegas

i think mine was a four door, cuz it just has 2 doors now but it has the double sided latches on both sides ,there are still no pictures of another car just like mine ,does your dash go strait accross ? mine curves like the 24's but has a different cowl than all the others ,exept for the one red coupe 24 that we found ,it's weird that they made different cowls the same year .