Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. 33cruiser

33cruiser

Can't wait for this one!!!

2. we are definitely going to have some fun!

3. We will be there!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Tom is one of the best! 2010 Gasser Reunion Wheel Stand Champion! Can't wait!!!

[​IMG]

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

6. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

That car is killer....

7. Look for another big announcement in the next couple days!

8. Ok guys, I just wanted to let everyone know what has been going on with the reunion and Gasser Magazine. For the Reunion, I have been diligently searching for a new track to hold the event. My focus has been on next year. The first track I called was Thompson as it seems everyone wants us to return to Thompson. The track manager was open to the idea but had to check with the owner. The track owner has never returned any conversation. I also contacted Quaker City and Milan, had good conversations with them, sent proposals, but in the end, they declined in short without going into the details. I also had conversations with Muncie and sent them a proposal, they wanted us on Labor Day weekend, I saw on their schedule that the Geezer Gassers will be there now. I have had a couple email's with Dragway 42, but no conversations as of yet. There was an opportunity to so something in conjunction with an event in Georgia, but it was a one day event. I like the sound of the event and may persue it in the future, but our events need to be 3 day events to make it worth the travel time. I will be announcing another event for 2013 very soon!

Now for the Gasser Nationals North. Gasser Magazine members will be getting a coupon in their next issue of the magazine that will give them $15 of registration, free camping, and no charge for the Gasser Nationals Race on Sunday! I would like to thank the Chrome Czars and Great Lakes Dragway for making this possible! The Gasser Nationals will have open registration to all gassers and hot rods participating at the Hunnert Car Heads up for the Sunday race. Look for registration information soon at: http://hunnertcarheadsup.com/ or for more information also check out http://www.gassermagazine.com/
    [​IMG]

Django did a killer job photo chopping my car into the flyer!

9. benji2714

benji2714

Well that BLOWS! Nice try Don. How about Magnolia, I heard threw the grapevine they were interested.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  10. I love Magnolia, the look is perfect! It is an 1/8 mile track. Still not apposed to 1/8 mile, but the reunion is supposed to be about the way it was, and it was 1/4 mile!

11. greg

greg

Have you checked tri-state, I believe it is.
    Its in s-w ohio.

12. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

1/8th mile racing is'nt a new deal folks.
    [​IMG]

13. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Are you sure. I thought all gassers had their rockers above the spindles and only ran the full 1320:D

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    July 20, 21 2013 at Byron Dragway Byron Ill.
    www.meltdowndrags.com

14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's too bad that Thompson didn't get in touch with you Don.

15. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

So true. My Dad raced 1/8 mile at Islip Speedway on Long Island back in the early 60's with a 34 Ford C/Altered. I remember going there with him with in 69-70 with a Jenkins prepared 69 Z-28 that was raced out of Giles Chevrolet that he drove.

16. Cool article! A couple more votes for 1/8 mile noted. Does anybody know what the gas class records were for 1/8 mile back in the day?

17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Gene Cromer said that he thought Fred Hurst had the A/G record at 9.83 in 1967 I will try and remember to ask him what it was in the 1/8 next time we talk.

18. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Nothing at all wrong with eighth mile, in fact I am starting to prefer it. The Mag is a cool track.

19. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Magnolia used to be a quarter mile if that's any consolation. :) First dragstrip I ever went to, around 1965, I think.

Kevin

20. I have raced there, at the end of the shut down where the orginal 1/4 mile surface continues with the weeds growing up around the pavement.

21. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

If you decide on 1/8 mile, another neat old timey track is Pacemakers in Mt. Vernon Ohio....don't know their schedule though.

22. benji2714

benji2714

The old Willys Homerun was 8th mile. That was fun. Confusus says" After 72 hours nobody remembers anyhow."

23. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

As speeds went up thru the years the shut down got too short. Go too far and you end up in the Sandy Creek. Great place, though.

Kevin

24. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

Even back in the day there were far more 1/8 mile tracks than 1/4 mile tracks, especially down south. All your touring pros probably made most of their money match racing on 1/8 mile tracks. Easier on parts too.

25. working on something big...if you had the choice, when and where would you want the Gasser Reunion next year?

26. ardyboy

ardyboy

Thompson would be good but but anywhere in Ohio would make it a little easier for our travel plans. That's keeping it at around 6 hours. I know a lot of guys and ladies travel farther then that but we have to shutdown a small business so it's just our preference. Just one opinion.

27. benji2714

benji2714

Thompson preferable. But somewhere in Ohio.

28. chevy3755

chevy3755

29. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

It's hard to imagine that 42 didn't jump all over your deal for there "Rock N Race" 3 day event in July. Call him up, maybe he doesn't know how big of a show you could bring to his track. JC

30. He did email me and was supposed to call but......I am getting feelers out for what everyone wants...The reunion will not be with another event, it will be stand alone as it always has. This needs to be the event that everyone that has a Gasser Wants to come to....