Register now to get rid of these ads!

Foose Going "Trad"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by screwtheman, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Foose may have gone to art school or design school or whatever, but those two tone paint jobs with the dark color on top really make the car look top heavy. And I know it's a bit off topic, but when the did that guy's Challenger R/T on the Overhaulin' show, I was thinking the whole time, "man, if that were my car, I'd sue 'em."

2. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I like most of Foose's designs............and I think him building a traditional rod for his personal use is a great way for builders to get back to their roots. Good for him!

Weird, I'm being nice.:D
    xxx

3. It has been announced the Chip will be bringing a Ratrod to the Basement at the Detroit Autorama.

So I'll have a better chance with one of my cars upstairs :D

:p

4. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

5. skratch

skratch

i would put any of you shit talking "builders" up against foose anyday.you with all the tools in the snap on book and him with a hammer,toarch and a stump.you 'll have no chance.i learned more talking to him in ten minutes then i've learned in four years reading the hamb.and coolest thing about chip is he doesnt talk shit.so,good luck on y'alls next projects.

w/LOVE

6. Mojo

Mojo

There's a really good looking A-roadster running around out here in the desert, has lots of bomber style touches, I don't think it's a new idea.

7. Muttley

Muttley

I like his hair.

[​IMG]

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yeah, he is talented...but I can't get over the fact that a $1,000 20-inch custom built Foose wheel (one wheel) comes with chrome plated PLASTIC rivets around the inside of the face to simulate a 2-pc wheel design.

I handed one of the rivets to my 10-year-old today and said "Hey, want a piece from a thousand dollar wheel?" His mount dropped, his eyes opened wide, and he held it in his hand...and then said "A thousand dollars for ONE wheel? And this is PLASTIC?!" When it doesn't pass the 10-year-old test...

9. Now we're all "Shit Builders"

Give me a break :rolleyes:

11. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

skratch has apparently never read the HAMB, millitary themed cars are nothing new, and I'll bet that car is going to be pretty cool. Bunch of jealous douchebags.

12. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

Did anyone else notice it was alot "greasier" in the SR pic with him building the p-32? I say lincoln 12 in a '32?--You can't lose. That dash is cool too.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Funny how people get all up in arms about folks they don't know...

Even if Chip built shit stained Honda's, would that make him a bad guy? So much so that he deserved to have his name drug through mud by some guy he had never met? That kinda sucks man...

Of course, that's hardly the case. Chip is a pretty neat person and I'm not sure I know too many people that are so talented at so many different things. He's very very good at what he does and will go down as a pioneer I'm sure. He's prolly more responsible for Boyd Coddington than even Buterra...

All that said, I was REALLY surprised when I heard he was building a traditional car... I think it will be really interesting to see how it comes out.

As for indoor car shows... Do you guys wear pink panties too? With lace? I'm not sure shit gets any more boring than an indoor car show...

14. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Apparently you didn't learn EVERYTHING from Chippy

Ryan is faster/more eloquent than me.

I hate him now...

I heard he doesn't write his own posts

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And by the way, those Jalopnik guys are posers... Falling in with the rest of the mainstream media in calling anything with flat paint a "Rat Rod." I don't care if you are into hot rods or not - a REAL car guy can see craftsmanship.

The best mainstream car blog is autoblog.

16. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Buwhahahahahahaha! Nice, very nice.:D Line'em up boys, time to see if they're regulation pink.:D
    xxx

17. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

Starbird still seems to like them. Did anyone catch that letter to the editor in HR this month? The redneck crowd I run with wouldn't last in an indoor show. You can never get that smell out of an enclosed building. (I mean the burnt rubber smell, not our smel..........You know what I mean.)

18. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

And which car did Coast to Coast rip off the design from? Could it be maybe the Boyd built Smoothster that Foose was involved in? Trouble is, Coast to Coast was retarded when they made their grille that looks like a constipated buzzard. Buttera is one of the best, but Foose can do everything Buttera can do plus more. A lot more. I think you have been on a Pinto diet for too long.

19. The responses to these posts still never cease to amaze me!! Here you have a "hopefully" traditional hot rod website and yet ANYTHING built is "OK" and "Right on Bro, he's showing his "roots". Matter of fact, I am surprised I haven't read that yet!! It is not about Chip being a skilled builder/ designer, etc. There is no doubt he has skills. The fact is that he is building what is cool right now. Nothing more nothing less. The same goes for Boyd and Jesse james. Normally they would NEVER build something like this (read never) but since it is the rage, they jump in on it. Recent Hot rod mag cover with the "homebuilt" bullshit-- another example of the bandwagon jump. Mother fuckin Street Rod shops are puttin their cans of peach paint and billet wheels in the back of the shop and buildin "Beaters". All of it is such a FUCKIN JOKE, and yet so few dare mention it. Not a hater, just pointin out a fact. Oh ya, nobody point out that chip grew up around cars blah blah blah. He and Boyd are still High Techers, period.

20. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

21. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I would rather look at a real nice traditional hot rod built by really cool guy than a real nice street rod or muscle car built buy a really cool guy. So hey, him building a traditional car is fine by me.

The fact that Mr. Foose is building a traditional hot rod does not threaten me and my love of this style car. Why? Because he knows what hes doing and he has an eye for style. On the other hand the hot shot down the street building a "rat rod" does feel threatening. Why? Because he thinks all old style rods have an inch of rust and iron crosses and in turn gets other people to believe this then these people come up to me and say "hey, I like your rat rod, you should paint it flat black though, and maybe add some spider web pinstripes."

Nick

22. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Actually I can understand where Fat Hack is coming from......

The Autorama was special last year.... It was just a bunch of us screwing around in the basement. I think it was the most fun I had all year..

This makes it kinda serious. It will be different this year.

That being said, I hope I can park next to that guy. I wonder if he'll dig the "Muff"... I'm sure he'll build a neat car, but I'm WAY more excited to see what Littleman brings....

or even Plowboys boatcar...

I think it would rule if Plowboy brought a swimming pool to float that fucker in.. We could get chicks to "lay out" by it.

hahahahaha The AutoRama ruled...

The anouncement.

"Bob Bleed, Please come to the main desk."

I was like shit.... so I go up there and the guy says...

"Detroit is a civilized place, we just can't have any Muff."

Hahahahahahaha that was funny.

Muff is a great word. I don't use it enough...

Muff.

[​IMG]

Maybe we can ruin Foose like we ruined Fay Butler..

Look at his hand.....

[​IMG]

Seriously, thinking of next years Autorama is what gets me through the day...

I can't wait....... I need to go to the Chrome shop.

23. 133

haven't seen you around here in a long time Darren, i hope i spelled your name right. and thanks for pointing out the obvious. i like Foose's stuff, he's a lot better at it than Boyd.

24. Yes but it was the 80's and I was experimenting and umm oh yeah it was only to an indoor car show... oh yeah right I um yeah...

Danny

25. skratch

skratch

this is a great rant.

as far as me talking shit.i guess you don't know me very well.i don't talk about shit i don't know about.if i did,that would be "talking shit"

chip's had that car designed for sevral years that i know of.so,i don't know what to tell y'all.all i know is, if you needed help on your car(not that the builders on the hamb would need it)or want some GOOD advice he would be there for some postive input.

26. Spoon

Spoon

Ha! Hahaha You!

Hee he hahaha ho!

You're a fucking moron.
    Not really! I'm sorry! I didn't really mean that. Sommetimes I type what I would blurt out in a reall life situation. But I am sorry. I really didn't mean to type that.

yes I did

27. If hi-tech means drawing hotrods in charcoal and marker then stripin them with a Mack 00, then call me hi-tech. You sir are ignorant.

28. VonXulu

VonXulu
    from Ventura Ca

Well I don't claim to know Foose, but I do appreciate how he has singlehandedly disassembled Mr. Boyd's so called dynasty, Ha Ha Ha. But I do know Mr. Skratch and the man impresses me with his skills so if he says Foose good. Then... Foose Good. Nuff Said.

29. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

[​IMG]
    HOLY SHIT!!!!! DUDE THAT GIRKL HES ALL TOUCHING ON I USED TO SEE!!! WHEN I LIVED IN MI!!! WTF.... i hate that girl now she pulled some shady buisiness....:eek::mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.